TN: 1999 Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Aux Combottes

• 1999 Domaine Dujac Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Aux Combottes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru (9/15/2019)
    Highly perfumed aromatics of rose petals, smoked meats and blue fruits. Silky in the mouth, with impeccable balance. It builds through the palate, fanning out on the finish and possessing so much savoury nuance. Starting to drink wonderfully well.

Posted from CellarTracker

I can almost taste it.

Yes, beautiful wine–and lovely note; I have, I think, one 375 left.

Jeremy,

I had the Dujac Combottes 1989 in 2005 : one of the greatest pinot noir in my life …
My friend Pascal Perez memorized this :
Gevrey-Chambertin 1er cru Aux Combottes – Domaine Dujac 1989 :
JP18,5 – PP18,5 – LG19
La complexité et la race sautent au nez. On hume une fusion de fruits rouges frais (cerise, cassis, …), menthe, tabac, ronce, champignons secs, jus de viande et sauce soja. L’éclat, aiguillonné par un soupçon de volatile, est exceptionnel.
Le vin bascule vers des notes évoluées (champignon, sous-bois) tout en gardant du fruit rouge frais et vivant. Déjà admirable aromatiquement, il se distingue également par une droiture et une fraîcheur exemplaires, un touché extrêmement soyeux, un végétal et une rusticité nobles et une grande longueur. Du grand art dans un millésime pourtant pavé d’embûches.

This 1999 (quite a similar vintage) should age wonderfully …

Thanks for the note. This is good to know as I still have four of these left. The last one I drank, in 2008 perhaps?, was very disjointed and a disappointment, so it is good to know it is coming together. I was worried it wasn’t going to be that good of a wine.

More and more reports of 1999s starting to drink well. Very promising.

Superb note. Sounds very “Dujac” in profile. I love Dujac’s ‘Combottes.’