TN: 2018 Louis Claude Desvignes Morgon Javernières Les Impenitents

• 2018 Louis Claude Desvignes Morgon Javernières Les Impenitents - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon (9/17/2019)
    This is an expressive, luscious, deep Bojo, that has plenty of grunt and power. It drips with black cherry fruit and has an engaging purple flower note. There’s a suggestion of licorice and a note that is reminiscent of the passionfruit skin thing I sometimes see in Northern Rhone wines. It is just a little bit slutty, but very juicy and finishes clean, bright and long. Kind of reminds me of Foillard’s 3.14 from a ripe year.

Posted from CellarTracker

Just bought a bunch if Desvignes, thanks for preview

Cheers Kris.

Thought the standard 2018 Louis Claude Desvignes Morgon Javernières was even better. My note below.

A beautiful nose of raspberries, cherries, violets and mineral. It is full and luscious, with nice minerally detail just below the flesh. It finishes with good clarity and has loads of floral spice.

Wow is this a big wine. Ripe dark fruits, river bed minerality, big structure, chewy chalky finish. A touch more heat than I want in a Beaujolais, but have to admit it was on par with the scale of this wine.