TN: 2010 Dom Henri Boillot Puligny-Montrachet "Clos de la Mouchere"

This was just rocking from the get go. In a lovely place, with sugar dusted white peaches and a burst of minerality. The hard edges softened, the flavour coats the palate with a marvellous combo of sweet and savoury. Dare I say it Grand Cru quality. Unfortunately my last bottle.

Sounds great. And no premox, even at the advanced age of 9.

Dan Kravitz

No, fresh as a trout. Had an advanced '09 a couple of years ago hence erring on the side of caution.

always grand cru level and a yearly buy.

Last 3 bottles of 2010 C/C and 2 bottles of Chevalier have all been premoxed or right on the verge, interesting that this wine seems to keep holding up?

Paul, this gave the feeling that it was just moving past primary and has heaps left in the tank. FWIW direct import from France.

Nice work Kent. When it is on, it is up there with Ramonet Ruchottes, vying for Grand Cru quality IMLTHO.

Hi Kent,

Yes, mine were also direct imports.

This was also the only wine out of the (very) problematic '07’s that every bottle was good. Strange.

[swearing.gif] Had a 2012 Mouchere last week that was corked put not pox’d…

some consolation [swearing.gif]

Paul - I’ve seen it quite a few times that the Moucheres is “younger” than stablemates, including the GCs. Even the '06 has held up well. This year, I’m cutting down my Boillot purchases to only Moucheres for this very reason!

And I had a 2012 that was premoxed about 2 months ago!

Booooooo!

I forgot that I had the chance to try this in DC about 5 years ago. Your note, Kent, sounds like it’s resolved itself very well:

"2010 Henri Boillot Puligny Montrachet Clos de la Mouchere

It’s Boillot all right, screaming gunflint and mineral. Lemon zest, very high-toned right now…mouthwatering comes to mind. needs a LOT of time."