Unicorn Wine: D&R Legends...Where to find?

OK so I’m not quite sure if this wine is an urban legend or the real deal. I saw it as a purchase option at the last Dirty & Rowdy release but was subsequently told that it wasn’t available…supposedly made from the old vine (something like 110+ years old) mouvedre and carignan. Can someone/anyone speak to the existence of this elixir?

“The Legends” was not an official wine name. Glenn said “The Legends” in the release thread, but it’s not in any wine name.

David, appreciate the response but I believe it is in fact a real wine. OR at least someone has done a very convincing photoshop job on CellarTracker.
the legends_aka this is a real wine and David is 100 percent wrong.PNG

It wasn’t in the offer email, so…

so…I guess that makes 2 of us who weren’t offered the juice?

I have a bottle I’d be willing to trade for a bottle of MacDonald [snort.gif]

AD NORTHUP! Step into my chamber of secrets my good sir! I can tell you are for REALZ as you list the '94 ESJ SAUVAGES as one of your engorged wines of the year. How much MacD do you want? I also have the super limited MacDonald BOTA bag that was made in 2011 that I’m willing to let you drink out of as long as you don’t go all heavy petting on a brother. DM me for details.

2018 Rosewood Vineyards Old Vines “The Legends”
$49 39 cases produced
Cue Rush’s Tom Sawyer. Wizards. Quests. Magical beasts. Drum solos. Ancient wisdom for the vinous future. (Due to the Rosewood Mourvèdre being pulled out for replanting this year, this can never be made again.)

Well that’s a hell of a description. And teh swan song ofthe Rosewood Mouvedre no less! Anyone have a TN they can share?

I ordered my full allocation but haven’t gotten them yet.

I also had an allocation. I believe purchasing a certain amount of DR wines last year offered access to it. I cannot remember how much.

I was offered this but think I missed out. I think I thought it was included in the mixed case and neglected to order the separate allocation. Stuff happens on vacation.

Love Austria.

Will trade you as much legends as you want on a one-for-one basis for Overnoy-Houillon wines.

Mr Lewis: Given the comparative scarcity of this D&R wine, that would not be a fair trade.

FWIW Legends only ships with Grey Wax.

Well, it just got a 99 on Cellartracker! (still awaiting my bottles, but I am 100 on the Legends no matter what)

Seriously, eagerly awaiting my fall shipment, and glad the recent fires weren’t worse.

Damn Brad, LUCKY DUCK! Sounds like this wine is so good it’s best to only consume it in micro-doses. Anything larger would cause you to lose your mind.

This is an interesting wine but there is no way this is close to upper 90s, even with my inflated rating. [wink.gif]

Any other notes on this? Here’s my mini-note from tonight. Warning - I am indeed a D&R freak and there might be just a tinge of effusive enthusiasm here:

Gorgeous nose, up there with the best D&R’s in my memory - elegant floral tarragon juicy red framboise. Man, just so balanced and deep and interesting and (yes) gulpable. Nice acid on the finish, enough fine tannins to tell me this will go many years more, but eminently drinkable now. How many wines do all that? Legends.