US 25% tariff on European wines; 100% "digital" tariff on French products called off for the moment

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Dan Kravitz
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: US 25% tariff on European wines; 100% "digital" tariff on French products called off for the moment

#1251 Post by Dan Kravitz »

David,

I do not know of any importers who ship Italian, French and Spanish wines together on a single container. In the 18 years since I added Spanish wine to my portfolio I have never once shipped even French and Spanish wines together. The consolidation costs could make tariffs look like pocket change.

Dan Kravitz
swillmaster - ITB

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: US 25% tariff on European wines; 100% "digital" tariff on French products called off for the moment

#1252 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

OK.

Of course if the announcement on Friday goes the wrong way, nobody is going to be shipping at all.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

John Morris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1253 Post by John Morris »

A Songeur wrote: February 9th, 2020, 10:08 am To clarify my understanding on this information reported in the media:
Wines from Spain, France and Germany were hit by a 25% duty in the US while Italian wines were not.
Consequently, US wine importers may have decreased their imports of Spanish, French and German wines while asking for more Italian wines (they need to make a living and sell wines). US customers also noted or guessed that Italian wines had not increased as much in price.
On the Italian producers side, they understood the drive for US increased demand and (either because they could not fully serve it or just wanted their share of competitive advantage) did increase their prices across the board (netback to their front door) and rebalanced their allocation between countries to take into account increased US demand (and maybe decrease, slower increase or stagnation elsewhere due to increased prices).

Of course my reasoning assumes the media information is correct. I don't understand why you seem to
This assumes that US importers have been ordering more Italian wine to make up for French, Spanish and German wine, and I doubt that's really true.

Consider this: Someone at an importer whose portfolio covers multiple European companies told me this week that they stopped ordering in the fall because of the threat of the 100% tariffs and they've now run through their inventory on some items, which is costing them sales.

The point is that the mere threat of the second round probably cut Italian imports to the US, because no one wanted to take the risk of having wine en route that was going to be hit with a 100% tariff.

It also suggests that, in addition to price increase, we consumers may be facing shortages.
"But they told me there would be a hand basket."

"I'm not slurring my words. I'm speaking cursive."

Michel Abood
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1254 Post by Michel Abood »

John Morris wrote: February 10th, 2020, 8:38 pm It also suggests that, in addition to price increase, we consumers may be facing shortages.
Already happening. Retailers are starting to have empty spots on their shelves in certain markets. We took a gamble and ordered big at the end of the year (basically I told our wineries that Christmas was postponed until they could ship out as much wines as possible) to ensure we got inventory before any potential tariffs kicked in. Don't forget, this isn't Amazon Prime: it can take 4-8 weeks to get wines from winery to warehouse. So far, we received about half of what we wanted due to the holidays, strikes in France, Italian slowness at getting anything done (la vita may be bella, but seriously, people complain about the French?), and lack of space on boats.

I can't imagine what it must be like for importers who didn't take that gamble. But yeah, I haven't slept since October.
Guess what? I'm ITB-> Vinotas Selections

JDavisRoby
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1255 Post by JDavisRoby »

Michel Abood wrote: February 10th, 2020, 11:33 pm
John Morris wrote: February 10th, 2020, 8:38 pm It also suggests that, in addition to price increase, we consumers may be facing shortages.
Already happening. Retailers are starting to have empty spots on their shelves in certain markets. We took a gamble and ordered big at the end of the year (basically I told our wineries that Christmas was postponed until they could ship out as much wines as possible) to ensure we got inventory before any potential tariffs kicked in. Don't forget, this isn't Amazon Prime: it can take 4-8 weeks to get wines from winery to warehouse. So far, we received about half of what we wanted due to the holidays, strikes in France, Italian slowness at getting anything done (la vita may be bella, but seriously, people complain about the French?), and lack of space on boats.

I can't imagine what it must be like for importers who didn't take that gamble. But yeah, I haven't slept since October.
Michael, do you have a distributor in Oklahoma?
Joshu@

Markus S

#1256 Post by Markus S »

Michel Abood wrote: February 10th, 2020, 11:33 pm ... But yeah, I haven't slept since October.
...as your avatar clearly shows.
$ _ € ® e . k @

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1257 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Markus S wrote: February 11th, 2020, 5:17 am
Michel Abood wrote: February 10th, 2020, 11:33 pm ... But yeah, I haven't slept since October.
...as your avatar clearly shows.
He's been sleeping since 2008.

Michel Abood
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1258 Post by Michel Abood »

JDavisRoby wrote: February 11th, 2020, 3:12 am

Not yet, let's talk. My email is Michel@Vinotasimports.com, happy to chat.

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1259 Post by Kris Patten »

Michel Abood wrote: February 11th, 2020, 8:51 am
JDavisRoby wrote: February 11th, 2020, 3:12 am

Not yet, let's talk. My email is Michel@Vinotasimports.com, happy to chat.
He'll call between the 18th and 29th of Feb...... [cheers.gif]...after tariff announcement.
ITB

AndrewH

#1260 Post by AndrewH »

Meanwhile, wine importers are using an interesting tactic, saying that China is winning as a result of the wine tariffs, absorbing the reducd US imports and then some:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 01880.html
Andrew H e i m e r t

blainemorris

#1261 Post by blainemorris »

Just a quick anecdote, just went online to a local retailer to put together a "value" weekday case of Rhones and White Burgs and red Bordeaux. For the most part, the higher alcohol Rhones were about the same as last time I ordered. The lower alcohol burgs and bordeaux were all about $5+ higher. Not a lot, but I found myself passing on some of my regular buys...very sad for our bothers and sisters ITB. And sad for me. And as others have said, some empty online "shelves"

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1262 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

AndrewH wrote: February 11th, 2020, 1:28 pm Meanwhile, wine importers are using an interesting tactic, saying that China is winning as a result of the wine tariffs, absorbing the reducd US imports and then some:

It’s mostly a bullshit story.

Dan Kravitz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1263 Post by Dan Kravitz »

Desperate people will say anything to prove their point. My ox has been gored and may well be dying, but that doesn't mean such ridiculous statements should go unchallenged.

Dan Kravitz
swillmaster - ITB

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1264 Post by Kris Patten »

D@vid Bu3ker wrote: February 11th, 2020, 3:38 pm
AndrewH wrote: February 11th, 2020, 1:28 pm Meanwhile, wine importers are using an interesting tactic, saying that China is winning as a result of the wine tariffs, absorbing the reducd US imports and then some:

It’s mostly a bullshit story.
I would hazard a well educated guess that over time....for a few wines...this could be true, but with Coronavirus lurking there is little to no chance this comes true in 2020 for those wines and for overall consumption of European wine there is 0% chance China can consume what they do and the US to make up tariff losses, especially 100% tariffs.

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2020/ ... ort-warns/
ITB

Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP

#1265 Post by Nola Palomar »

Dan Kravitz wrote: February 11th, 2020, 6:20 pm ... My ox has been gored and may well be dying...

Dan Kravitz
Dan, you can't give up...

New article in Wine Enthusiast today! I am doing everything I can to get noise for all of us affected.

https://www.winemag.com/2020/02/12/poss ... oGgyUywM9k
Nola Palomar wrote: February 9th, 2020, 6:54 am Just doing my part to inform folks that this is not over.
https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/lo ... MV1Ro3z5H/
The article in the Dayton Daily News, was the catalyst for Congressman Mike Turner to write a letter to Ambassador Lighthizer asking him to remove Olive Oil and Wine from the new list of items on the tariff list to be published on Friday as one of his constituents (me) is facing hardships as are many other small and midsized importers and the rest of the supply chain. I was told by his staff that he was personally delivering the letter to Amb Lighthizer. In every interview I have done, I try to drive home the reality of all of our hardships here.

Dan, I have mentioned you and Michel specifically several times.
Nola
ITB

Veleta
Bodega Dominio Buenavista
D.O.P. Granada, Spain

Juan Manuel Palomar MD - 1948-2018 Husband, Father, Surgeon, Mentor, Winery owner & Winemaker, my everything...RIP
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

Dan Kravitz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1266 Post by Dan Kravitz »

Nola,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not giving up, not even close. If the tariffs go to 100%, that would almost certainly close the doors, but I don't expect that.

Thank you also for your work in helping to avert the worst. I'm doing what I can here as well.

Dan Kravitz
swillmaster - ITB

Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP

#1267 Post by Nola Palomar »

Dan Kravitz wrote: February 12th, 2020, 4:34 pm Nola,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not giving up, not even close. If the tariffs go to 100%, that would almost certainly close the doors, but I don't expect that.

Thank you also for your work in helping to avert the worst. I'm doing what I can here as well.

Dan Kravitz
flirtysmile flirtysmile flirtysmile
Nola
ITB

Veleta
D.O.P. Granada, Spain

Juan Manuel Palomar MD - 1948-2018 Husband, Father, Surgeon, Mentor, Winery owner & Winemaker, my everything...RIP

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1268 Post by Kris Patten »

It's going to work out, I have faith.
ITB

Michel Abood
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1269 Post by Michel Abood »

Thanks Nola, much appreciated. I was in deep dark Sicily yesterday so am now playing catch up.

RichardFlack
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1270 Post by RichardFlack »

This week’s Economist has article on this:
Vin-dictive - American drinkers of European wine face mounting tariff bills | United States | The Economist.pdf

(Attached)
Attachments
Economist - Impact of Wine Tariffs copy copy.pdf
(685.06 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Last edited by RichardFlack on February 13th, 2020, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Kleban
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1271 Post by Peter Kleban »

Nola, Dan, Michel--fingers crossed for you!
Bob Wood:
"Peter..your well-reasoned words were a waste of time."
WsOTY:
Bêcheur Chard Anderson Vy '18
Felettig Morey St. Denis VV '14
Felettig Chamb-Mus VV '14
Pépière Muscadet Briords '09
Volpaia Chianti Class '18
Lignier Morey St Denis 1er Ormes '14
Collestefano Verdicchio di M '19
Pépière Muscadet Briords '19
Bêcheur PN '14
Virage '07

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1272 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Administration positioning to ignore the WTO if rulings do not go its way.

Press release from earlier this week:
https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-office ... llate-body

A Songeur

#1273 Post by A Songeur »

Interesting point in the article
"75-85% of the selling price of a bottle of wine is profit or taxes taken by American entities".

Antoine

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1274 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

A Songeur wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:01 am Interesting point in the article
"75-85% of the selling price of a bottle of wine is profit or taxes taken by American entities".

Broken link...

That being said, consider the steps to get an imported wine to your table. Importer, distributor and retailer each make a living after the wine leaves the winery.

RichardFlack
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1275 Post by RichardFlack »

D@vid Bu3ker wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:43 am

Broken link...

That being said, consider the steps to get an imported wine to your table. Importer, distributor and retailer each make a living after the wine leaves the winery.
Indeed. The Economist makes passing reference to this, and specifically high markups and low margins.

[The debate about each stage taking a profit margin on the taxes seems to be dead, ie that appears to be regarded by almost all concerned as a fact of life, but I still wonder why tariffs aren’t collected like VAT, with input credits along the pipeline. Also I recall that in the early days of internet shopping etc here in Canada tariffs were paid by the consumer direct to the shipping company - that’s a much better model. ]

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1276 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Taxes and tariffs are part of cost. The pennies per liter duties are part of cost.

Markups are based on an amount over cost.

Dale Williams

#1277 Post by Dale Williams »

Profit? I can see 75% of some wines being taxes or markup, but for it to be profit the importer, distributor, and retailer would have to have no costs.
I can't read link, but if that's a quote some people shouldn't be allowed to write business articles.

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1278 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Were you able to access the actual article? Is it really as simplistically bad as his one-line takeaway?

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1279 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Harmon Skurnik (Skurnik Wines) in the Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -is-toast/

John Morris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1280 Post by John Morris »

D@vid Bu3ker wrote: February 14th, 2020, 9:46 am Were you able to access the actual article? Is it really as simplistically bad as his one-line takeaway?
It's not an article. It's a press release from the US Wine Trade Alliance and the National Association of Wine Retailers. I can't find a website for the first organization, so I don't know they really are or who funds them. Importers, if I had to guess.

In any event, it's a stupid argument that China will get all the wine that the EU can't sell in the US because of tariffs. It's based on the one-month drop in US wine imports in November:
"China is a ready and willing customer for European wines not sold to American importers. New numbers from the Global Trade Atlas verify that the 25% tariffs are already speeding the growth of the Chinese market. While case sales of wine from France to the US plummeted by 48% during the first month of 25% tariffs, exports from France to China grew by 35%. China's purchases of French wines were 118% higher than the US in November," said [NAWR's Ben] Root.
That gives you some idea of the sophistication of the argument.

The 75%-85% profit and taxes part is cited as a good thing -- a benefit to the US economy:
The arguments are simple and compelling: (1) the US is replaceable as an importer of European wines, and it is easy for European producers to find other markets; (2) for the US these wines generally cannot be replaced with domestic products; and (3) 75-85% of the selling price of a bottle of wine is profit or taxes taken by American entities.

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1281 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Thanks for the actual link.

I've spent time in China, in places like Shanghai, and other major cities. There is no way they are going to pick up all the slack from the U.S.. Sitting in high end restaurants I saw very few people drinking wine. Yes there is a small group of folks chasing the high end, but there is no wine culture - not even a U.S. level wine culture.

John Morris
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1282 Post by John Morris »

D@vid Bu3ker wrote: February 14th, 2020, 11:17 am Thanks for the actual link.
Google is our friend (for these purposes, anyway).
D@vid Bu3ker wrote: February 14th, 2020, 11:17 amI've spent time in China, in places like Shanghai, and other major cities. There is no way they are going to pick up all the slack from the U.S.. Sitting in high end restaurants I saw very few people drinking wine. Yes there is a small group of folks chasing the high end, but there is no wine culture - not even a U.S. level wine culture.
Yes, Chinese wine imports fell when the government began discouraging exports of capital. On top of that, the rate of growth there began to slow there two or there years ago, and has slowed even more now with the US tariffs. So there are lots of factors limiting Chinese wine imports and the tariffs aren't going to alter that.

It's an embarrassingly dumb argument they're making, but the press release been quoted lots of places.

The kicker is the their point (3) -- that the middlemen's cut is good for America!

Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP

#1283 Post by Nola Palomar »

John Morris wrote: February 14th, 2020, 11:13 am
D@vid Bu3ker wrote: February 14th, 2020, 9:46 am Were you able to access the actual article? Is it really as simplistically bad as his one-line takeaway?
It's not an article. It's a press release from the US Wine Trade Alliance and the National Association of Wine Retailers. I can't find a website for the first organization, so I don't know they really are or who funds them. Importers, if I had to guess.

In any event, it's a stupid argument that China will get all the wine that the EU can't sell in the US because of tariffs. It's based on the one-month drop in US wine imports in November:
"China is a ready and willing customer for European wines not sold to American importers. New numbers from the Global Trade Atlas verify that the 25% tariffs are already speeding the growth of the Chinese market. While case sales of wine from France to the US plummeted by 48% during the first month of 25% tariffs, exports from France to China grew by 35%. China's purchases of French wines were 118% higher than the US in November," said [NAWR's Ben] Root.
That gives you some idea of the sophistication of the argument.

The 75%-85% profit and taxes part is cited as a good thing -- a benefit to the US economy:
The arguments are simple and compelling: (1) the US is replaceable as an importer of European wines, and it is easy for European producers to find other markets; (2) for the US these wines generally cannot be replaced with domestic products; and (3) 75-85% of the selling price of a bottle of wine is profit or taxes taken by American entities.
US Wine Trade Alliance is a Facebook Group (Importers and Distributors)
National Association of Wine Retailers is a Trade Organization headed by Daniel Posner. Some people on the FB group say that it is a lobbying group, but IDK.

I asked for their source for their stats and never really got much.
Nola
ITB

Veleta
D.O.P. Granada, Spain

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1284 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f »

This was the point I hit hardest in the comment letter I submitted (and posted here for anyone who wanted to cut and paste. It seemed to me one of the more persuasive arguments to make, given the audience. Of course, that's not all profit as some have pointed out, but the point remains that if you cause a $100 restaurant-price wine not to be imported because you put a 100% tariff on it, you are only costing the EU winery a small percentage of that $100 in lost sales. All the rest of the lost sales $ are lost by American companies.

As John has noted, normally the point that wine (and beverage alcohol) is the single most expensive product in the US to distribute (as measured by the percentage of the retail price - especially at restaurants - that goes to the folks who buy it from the producer and pass it along and ultimately sell it to the diner) is raised by consumers like us complaining about how our antiquated and mandated 3-tier system is inefficient and expensive and thus a bad thing.

In this case it's ironically a good thing because it allows us the argument - not available to handbags or cheese or other things on the hit list - that including wine on the list of proposed tariffs will have the unintended consequence of harming US businesses a lot more than the actual European targets the administration is shooting at.

Dan Kravitz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1285 Post by Dan Kravitz »

From a very quick reading of the announcement by the USTR 10 minutes ago, it looks like there is no change to the current tariffs on wines from France and Spain.

Dan Kravitz
swillmaster - ITB

Robert Panzer

#1286 Post by Robert Panzer »

Dan,
Do you have a link to the announcement that you can share?
Any change from Germany?
I T B - Down to Earth Wines

JFPelletier
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1287 Post by JFPelletier »

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/en ... ispute.pdf

wine tariffs and conditions seem unchanged from last round.

JF
Last edited by JFPelletier on February 14th, 2020, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Kravitz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1288 Post by Dan Kravitz »

https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-office ... irbus-case

That's the Press Release, starting with kudos for our Maximum Leader. From there, you click to read the actual legal Notice of Modification (which despite the confusing word apparently has nothing to do with the Prime Minister of Hindus).

Robert, sorry but I did not look specifically for Germany. The last item on Page 17 is an exact restatement of the current tariffs on wines from France, Germany, Spain and the U.K.

I hate to say that I'm happy and relieved, but I am. An intolerably bad situation has not gotten worse.

Dan Kravitz
swillmaster - ITB

Matt Lucas

#1289 Post by Matt Lucas »

Looks like it might be time to change the header :)

Scott Jameson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1290 Post by Scott Jameson »

Matt Lucas wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:13 pm Looks like it might be time to change the header :)
Why, the header still seems to be accurate. The last line of the notice reads "The U.S. Trade Representative will continue to consider the action taken in this
investigation." My understanding is additional or increased tariffs could still be added in the future.

Matt Lucas

#1291 Post by Matt Lucas »

Scott Jameson wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:19 pm
Matt Lucas wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:13 pm Looks like it might be time to change the header :)
Why, the header still seems to be accurate. The last line of the notice reads "The U.S. Trade Representative will continue to consider the action taken in this
investigation." My understanding is additional or increased tariffs could still be added in the future.
Right, but they only revisit every 6 months correct? Seems like we are safe for the time being. I also am encouraged by the fact that the only change implemented on this carousel is increased tariffs on goods that hit Airbus directly.

Dan Kravitz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1292 Post by Dan Kravitz »

I believe that the 'carousel' for changing tariffs rotates every 120 days, not every six months. Thus today's announcement came ~120 days after October 18th.

Also, this is customary. Legally, the occupant of the oval office can declare a national emergency and change the tariffs tomorrow. In theory, he could declare that there is a severe national shortage of Muscadet and remove the 25% tariff on Muscadets under 14% alcohol.

But in practical terms, I think it is extremely unlikely that there will be any changes before mid-June.

Dan Kravitz
swillmaster - ITB

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1293 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Matt Lucas wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:26 pm
Scott Jameson wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:19 pm
Right, but they only revisit every 6 months correct? Seems like we are safe for the time being. I also am encouraged by the fact that the only change implemented on this carousel is increased tariffs on goods that hit Airbus directly.
Thread title is still accurate. The Sword of Damocles has not been removed, just judgement on execution reserved until a later date.

Matt Lucas

#1294 Post by Matt Lucas »

D@vid Bu3ker wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:43 pm
Matt Lucas wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:26 pm
Scott Jameson wrote: February 14th, 2020, 4:19 pm Why, the header still seems to be accurate. The last line of the notice reads "The U.S. Trade Representative will continue to consider the action taken in this
Thread title is still accurate. The Sword of Damocles has not been removed, just judgement on execution reserved until a later date.
Got it, back to low level existential anxiety then

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1295 Post by D@vid Bu3ker »

Yup.

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1296 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f »

Within the realm of the current insanity, this is great news. Thanks to everyone who commented, and especially those who really went the extra mile(s) testifying, meeting with Administration and Congressional officials, etc. Well done and we all owe you a debt of thanks!

For those who’ve read the whole list, what about other categories of interest here, especially other beverage alcohol categories (whisky, etc.) and food categories (olive oil, cheese, etc.)? Any changes there?

Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP

#1297 Post by Nola Palomar »

Airplanes got an additional 5% vat on top of the 10% so it’s a total of 15%

Prune juice got removed so no additional tariffs.

Butcher and carving Knives got a 25% VAT tariff

All else remains the same.
So the 25% VAT on Bottled EVOO, wines 14% and under from Spain, France Germany and England. Canned mussels and other canned seafood conserves.
8802.40.00**
New airplanes and other new aircraft, as defined in U.S. note 21(b) (other than military airplanes or other military aircraft), of an unladen weight exceeding 30,000 kg (described in statistical reporting numbers 8802.40.0040, 8802.40.0060 or 8802.40.0070)
**Only a portion of HS8 digit is to be covered

b) The following product has been removed from Part 6, effective March 5, 2020

2009.89.40 Prune juice, concentrated or not concentrated

c) The following product have been added to the action, and Part 16 has been inserted into the descriptive list in Section 2, effective March 5, 2020.

Part 16 – Products of France or Germany described below are subject to additional import duties of 25 percent ad valorem:

8214.90.60 Butchers' or kitchen chopping or mincing knives (o/than cleavers
w/their handles)
Last edited by Nola Palomar on February 15th, 2020, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nola
ITB

Veleta
D.O.P. Granada, Spain

Scot H.

#1298 Post by Scot H. »

Here is an article.

’The United States Trade Representative said late Friday that it would increase the duty it had imposed on European aircraft to 15 percent from 10 percent, effective March 18. It also removed prune juice for the list of taxed items, and added a 25 percent tax on French and German butcher and kitchen knives.‘

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/busi ... ticleShare
@$$elm@n

Kevin Sidders

#1299 Post by Kevin Sidders »

Impressive work by the powerful prune juice lobby...
(ITB) VinConnect Inc.
Mailing lists for top European wineries

Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP

#1300 Post by Nola Palomar »

Kevin Sidders wrote: February 15th, 2020, 5:23 am Impressive work by the powerful prune juice lobby...
I guess they told them if they didn't remove them it would be a hot mess.
Nola
ITB

Veleta
D.O.P. Granada, Spain

Return to “Wine Talk”