TN: 2017 Audeant Pinot Noir

Happy to stumble upon this project - a bunch of old high school classmates from Pittsburgh liked a few wine related posts of the proprietor on Instagram and I recognized the name. Followed up via DM and she graduated a year after us. 0.0 affiliation to the owner or winery, I don’t gain a penny by this post and I purchased the 3 wines I own. But I would recommend it wholeheartedly, despite it not being cheap at $50. I also bought one of the single vineyard wines which I’m going to let sit b/c even this blend should age nicely. Her winemaker worked with Maggie Harrison at Antica Terra (which I’ve tasted but never purchased) for whatever that’s worth.

A blend of several Willamette Valley vineyards (Nysa, Luminous Hills and Carlisle’s Crest vineyards), this is a lovely wine and one to seek if you’re a fan of OR pinot and that signature earth component that marks the best wines (to my taste) from the region. Aromas of red fruits (raspberry and pomegranate) trend toward the deeper/darker spectrum and have that signature Oregon muskiness (in a great way). The wine is seamless with those fruits resonating on the palate, with a long tea, mineral and red fruit laden finish. 13.8% alc. Great with grilled salmon w/ a dab of hoisin.