Drinking a bit less wine.

I drink much less wine than formerly. This seems to echo the importance of moderation, even if one has no “drinking problem”.

Thank you for always raising the bar and living the example that everyone should strive to live up to.

I don’t get it?

He gets a small payment for every pay-wall post he makes, I think. Maybe he’s a bot?

Add in a chance to social signal one’s righteousness and admonish others and you have what we call the Victor Trifecta! [cheers.gif]

LOL

Victor - remember, moderation in all things, including moderation.

I opened two bottles today because I wanted to compare them. Yesterday we had about five between three guys. But of course I’m planning to drink less tomorrow. We’ll still have company so will probably just have two bottles between three of us. So you see - it’s just about discipline. [cheers.gif]

Went to a wine tasteing last saturday and i’am
Going again 6-7and 9th november. Life is
Good [cheers.gif] champagne.gif

I’m just going to leave this here… champagne.gif

“All I did differently was stop eating cheese and crackers every single day, cut my dinner portions in half and ran an extra 6 miles a week”

… Umm, no shade here if decide to drink or don’t drink, but, logically, pretty sure the above significant diet and exercise changes had a lot more influence on losing 10 pounds in three months than skipping a single glass of wine per evening.

How much is “much less”?

Formerly, two bottles per week. Now, once bottle every two weeks.

One bottle every two weeks? Really? PARRR-TAY in the Hong Household!

Owning a coravin has helped me reduce my consumption to about a bottle per week. I’m drinking less but drinking better stuff because of it.

Well, that stuff isn’t free, you know. It’s hard work finding people who will give him a bottle of wine every two weeks.

It is pretty cool, though. Virtue signaling on a wine enthusiast forum. The man has needs, I guess.

I picture Victor at a sports car enthusiast forum regaling the members with tales of how he minimizes his carbon footprint by using public transportation.

Now that’s funny! champagne.gif

That article hits close to home for me. My wife has decided to try to cut back on weekday drinking for many of the same reasons. Much like the woman in the article, one glass of wine is enough for my wife lose her will power over her diet, especially when it comes to cheeses. Often one glass at dinner leads to another in the living room. She is also less likely to go for a hike, or do something physical after wine, and more likely to be asleep on the couch before we normally go to bed.

Probably change your avatar from Winehunter to Wineshamer.

TMI. pileon

Not if you saw the early-1990’s California reds which I bought recently for under $15 per bottle, including shipment.

Sorting 91-95 on Winebid and capping price at $20 isn’t really Winehunting [cheers.gif] . Time to pass the title on…should have quit on top like DiMaggio, Marciano, or Elway.