You’re being evacuated from your home, what wine do you grab?

What’s the bottle you would grab with 2 seconds to decide?

• Domestic Red
  • Domestic White
  • Imported Red
  • Imported White
  • Champagne/Sparkling
  • Stickie
  • Port
  • Flawed poll
  • Brett Favre
  • Real men don’t evacuate

0 voters

I literally had that thought pop in my head last night as I was hopping in my truck to leave. Ran in the garage, opened the cellar and grabbed the first thing I saw:
2015 Becklyn Missouri Hopper

What would be the first thing you see and grab (1 bottle) ?

Easy. Petrus. Only thing in that there I can’t afford!

A lone bottle of 2012 Greer I bought to celebrate when our daughter graduates from high school in a few years. The road has been pretty rough for her the past couple years and we will celebrate that day in a big way, when it comes.

If I could grab two, the second would be a 2004 Monprivato I bought on release and have been holding for my dad’s 75th birthday ( 4 more years).

2000 Pegau or any vintage MacDonal. Since all the MacDonalds are still in the three pack boxes, would that count as one?

I have two hands. Should be able to get two bottles.

Not sure what to grab - 1988 Mugnier Musigny, 2001 Comte Vogue Musigny, 2001 Drouhin Romanee St. Vivant? Or, one of my many Truchots. Probably would grab 1999 Truchot Clos de la Roche. Others could be replaced. I have insurance.

For the sake of this poll, yes! champagne.gif

I can grab 4 bottles by the neck of the bottles with 1 hand so I will grab 4 of DRC.

Penfolds Grange 13’, its the most expensive bottle in the cellar

It pairs well with fire-seared road-kill venison.

Was evacuated several years ago. Wine was last thing on my mind. It’s all replaceable

Same here but I was thirsty and grabbed one bottle to share with the Fam.

Can’t argue with that. Stay safe

Flawed poll. I’d grab a bottle or two of scotch. Probably Bruichladdich 23 yo. I don’t have any real rare wines in my cellar so…

1947 Coche-Vincent Meursault, made by JF Coche’s grandfather, which is truly irreplaceable. If I’m allowed two hands, my 1959 La Tâche, which is unaffordable.

I don’t really have any irreplaceable wines. I am pretty sure I’d rather be grabbing pictures and such.

We packed the car up last night just in case, mostly pictures, etc… No wines, though I did think about it for a quick second.

6L of champagne

I would have already grabbed the external hard drive that has backups of everything (including pictures), so Krug!

+1. I chose Brett Favre for this reason - whatever room I have in my car and time I have to do it is going to be to gather irreplaceable things - photos, computers/hard drives, etc. While I don’t have any irreplaceable wines, even if I did, I don’t really believe they’re totally irreplaceable, because otherwise I couldn’t drink them!

If you have already planned and packed, and have a place to stay, that’s one thing.
Otherwise, if you are thinking about what wine to bring, you are wasting the time that you need for things more important.

Where to stay is a big deal - I had to go 60 miles to find a hotel last year. Even LAX airport hotels were all sold out.
I had a couple of hours, still forgot my passport.
Extra credit cards, Rx, passport, photo albums, etc. all more important. Probably would have brought art instead of wine.

I suppose if I was staying with friends, it might be a nice thing to grab. But otherwise, not worth even thinking about. Dujac in water glasses in a hotel room doesn’t sound great, scotch in the hotel bar was better.