has anyone tried the 2017 Lewellings?

thanks in advance

Jeff; We visited recently and tasted the 2016 and 2015 vintages. We didn’t try the 2017 but to me it is a no brainer. The Lewelling wines are, in my opinion, one of the premier “bargains” in all of Napa plus the Wight’s are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

Cheers!
Marshall

How were the 15 and 16? Did u try both bottlings of each year ?

I opened a 2011 this evening in anticipation of the release. I am in for the 2017.

Yes, all 4. All showed beautifully and naturally, quite young. The 15 “regular” was surprisingly open but still needs (imho) many years. Of course, it depends on your preferences, but I am just barely opening my ‘04s.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Offer live and order in.

Don’t recall how long these last, but allocations not guaranteed and first-come, first-served.

Some info from the offer email about the fires:

At the onset of the 2017 growing season the drought ended with heavy rains through April. A warm May and two heat spikes in June, together with high soil moisture levels, resulted in an explosion of growth that seemed to ensure an early harvest date. The summer continued to be warm, encouraging early ripening but not stressing the vines. Thanks to the above-average heat of the growing season, our 2017s were harvested, fermented, and about to be pressed and barreled down when the 2017 fires ignited on the night of October 8th.

Picked on September 26th and 28th, the 2017 Cabernet was fermented at 80°F. After pressing in early October, the new wine was racked to 80% new French oak barrels from a variety of coopers to begin 20 months of cellar aging. The 2017s are lively with sweet tannin and bright acidity, and have been naturally balanced in the cellar from day one. Thankfully harvested many days before the fires, they capture the purity of the vintage before the smoke and tragedy. These wines are a beautiful example of the 2017 growing season.

thanks!

I waited a day to order and was locked out. The wish list just cleared.

How was the visit? I’m thinking about trying to schedule a visit when I’m out that way in 2 months or so. Any advice/input would be appreciated.

The tasting room is a picnic table in the backyard of the farmhouse (under the giant fig tree).
Maybe my favorite spot in the valley.
and the people are the best!!
Ask Haley to pour Hayfork; you’ll go long on that one too.

Awesome. Thanks for the input. I’ll add them to the schedule!