TN: NV Equipo Navazos - Jerez-Xérès-Sherry La Bota de Fino "Macharnudo Alto" #15 (Spain, Andalucía, Jerez-Xérès-Sherry)

NV Equipo Navazos Jerez-Xérès-Sherry La Bota de Fino “Macharnudo Alto” Nº 15 - Spain, Andalucía, Jerez-Xérès-Sherry (10/25/2019)
– popped and poured –
– tasted non-blind over a few hours –
– saca de Junio 2008 –

NOSE: expressive; quite rich for a Fino; tawny; nutty; typical Sherry saline note; aromatically, approaching Amontillado territory.

BODY: light golden-tan color; light bodied.

TASTE: medium acidity; hint of bloomy rind cheese — camembert; dry; nutty; a hypothetical cross between a Fino and an Amontillado. I’d previously heard that some of EN’s Finos can, or likely could, age well, so I decided to test that theory with this bottle. Unfortunately, I never had this wine young, so can’t offer any comparative insights. That said, this was truly an astounding Fino that certainly seemed no worse for the wear, and quite possibly improved as a result of the 11 years in bottle. A truly special Fino. Bravo. gut impression score: 94 – 95.

Oooh, that sounds really nice. Color me envious.

It really was something special, Jay. Sad to know I’ll never come across another bottle. C’est la vie!