2012 Bedrock Syrah Weill a Way Exposition 1-3

Opened all three for a family bbq. Quite interesting to compare the differences from the various amounts of Viognier and whole cluster percentages. All three of these wines were outstanding, but the overall favorite was the Exposition 1 (100% Syrah and 100% whole cluster) - the nose really pops and the fruit tasted so fresh. With the 2012’s drinking so well, I can’t wait to open the 2013’s next year. Cheers!

Scott - thanks for the check0in. Did you decant ahead of time? I have only had the #1 so far, and found that it started to hit the next gear after 4 or 5 hours. Thinking about popping a #2 around Thanksgiving.

I completely agree with this, although I’d probably look to decant for less time, more like 1-2 hours and then follow over the evening.

Should add these are amazing wines no matter how you drink them.

These are such gorgeous wines. Ultimately they are also unicorns, which sucks!

Thanks so much for the post. I have a set that I keep wanting to check in on. Any additional thoughts on 2 and 3?

Cheers!

Lucas

Has anyone tried the 2011’s? If so, what are your thoughts on those, including ideal drinking window?

I poured off a healthy sample from each bottle and just left the bottles uncorked for about three hours prior to serving. All bottles seemed to hit their stride fairly quickly, but I think I will splash decant the 2013’s next year. Cheers!

Exposition 2 & 3 were definitely more brooding with more depth of fruit and perhaps a bit more complexity. These two wines would have benefited more from a standard decant than #1. Cheers!

Awesome thanks!

I have a set of the 2013’s, but this post makes me want to seek out a set of the 2012’s for comparison! Very happy to read the 2012’s are drinking great!

The 2012’s do come up on auction at K&L and Winebid fairly regularly, both individual bottles and complete horizontals.

Good to know! Will keep an eye out for them!