It pays to peek!!!!

So I joined this site about the same time I joined my local Costco. The selection isn’t great at all, but on occasion I come across something I enjoy at a fair price and I stock up a bit. This site has been a true joy and I check in a few times a day minimum. Anyway, I was really eager to try the 08 Dom after reading the effusive praise on this site, but all my store seemed to have was the 09. I enjoy sparkling, especially grower Champagne, but I’m not a baller like some of the people on here, I owned a wine bar & bistro for 9 years and was lucky enough to pass level III of the MS exam. Two of my friends passed the actual MS. I’m in no way bragging, just pointing out that I’m not a novice. Anyway, I consigned myself that I would probably not get to acquire any 08. So today i looked in the “cage” and per usual, they had a couple of 09’s facing out with several bottles behind. So I tought “What the heck” and asked the cashier if I could peek behind…and sure enough!, there were 6 bottles of the 08 Dom for only $145 + 6% tax. Of course, I bought all six!

nice snag! Welcome.

Congrats!

Great story.

Cool, I was in a QFC yesterday that had some 1995 Krug in their cellar and randomly asked the manager to unlock it and see what was behind it as there were 5 bottles, lo and behold 3 bottles of 1996 Krug. Just gotta wait for holiday 30% off 6 bottles and scoop them up for $210 per.

WOW!!! I’d have snagged the '95 also - LOVE that vintage from the big houses

Level 3? So you’re a master somm?

3 = Advanced (Green Pin)
4 = Master

I love tales of unexpected finds! Good for you!

which ah… qfc is it? :wink:

You have a 1 in 58 shot… [rofl.gif]