$6500 for this poxed Monty?

WOW…look at that beautiful brown ox color! [shock.gif] A real shame if that’s the true color?

Oof

The shame is on them if that photo is accurate.
Winebid just lost more cred for what? Could it be the status of offering a DRC, their commi$$ion, or is it the owner’s personal wine?

Thought the same thing looking at these: "Ramonet" | WineBid

Maybe they are turning into Pinots [wow.gif]

LOL shame on them either way! Either they are peddling a flawed bottle at a sky-high price or they have an incompetent photographer!

an incompetent photographer

I was browsing through some of the 360-degree pictures, and my immediate reaction was that they’ve got a slow “turntable” in front of an automatically-clicking camera, with some software which allows them to enter* the relevant data on the bottle, and as the turntable rotates, the auto-clicked pictures are loaded directly into a database.

I can’t imagine an human-being having the patience necessary to take that many pictures of that many bottles - arguably it would be more torturous than Charlie Bucket’s father screwing the caps on the toothpaste tubes at the toothpaste factory.

Also, if they’re doing it correctly, then they’re using very low-temperature/low-wattage bulbs for the lighting, and that could contribute to the general sense of lethargy & decrepitude in the color tones.

*If it’s seriously sophisticated, then the software would be capable of reading the label and entering the data itself, although I imagine that would still cost a pretty penny in 2019 [whereas it would likely be a commodity item by 2030].

PS: The Buzz Man is Mr Photography for this board - maybe he could figure out what’s going on - he could try some low-light/low-temperature photography in his cellar and see what the results look like.

Buzz is just trying to scare off competitive bidders.

There they go again!

Where’s Chet K.?

WB needs to take the pics with a light behind bottles like Spectrum does? Btw…is that really a true representation of color iyo?

The relative whiteness of the label suggests it’s not an overall exposure issue. Occam’s razor suggests it’s just a dead wine.

Holy. A+ reference. [cheers.gif]

Also, just a god awful bottle.

mmm, cider!

This one is downright terrifying!

The 1982 and 1985 Bienvenues with the European label actually looks pretty correct…

Hi all, I appreciate how informed and knowledgeable you are. We share your passion for vintage wine and for great wine buying and selling experiences.

I hope the following facts and clarifications will address any questions you might have:

• For those of you I haven’t interacted with yet, I’m the relatively new leader of WineBid. You all are welcome to direct message me with questions, comments or suggestions. I can’t do personal customer service for every person, but glad to help where I can.
  • With regard to the various wines highlighted in this thread: we all understand vintage wines are a delicate business, and vintage white wines can be even more delicate and subjective than reds. Some seemingly “off color” wines can be amazing and some seemingly perfect color wines can be terrible. White Burgundies can age more gracefully than CA whites, for example. But these are some very unique wines that came as part of larger collections from very reputable collectors. We’ve inspected them carefully, provided notes and accurate photos. We all know there are no guarantees, but we aim to provide the best information possible for buyers to make informed decisions. Where’s the shame in that?
  • A little more detail on our company and inspection processes- we are a small company of 30 hardworking, real, regular folks- not some big company like Amazon. Our team is passionate and focused on wine, ecommerce, and providing a great service for all of you to buy and sell wine. Our customer service team actually picks up the phone when you call and tries to respond to every email within the day. We really care about providing a great experience, and yes, we take it personally!
  • As an auction platform, we take inspection, authentication, information and trust very seriously. We are proud to provide some of the most detailed inspection and provenance notes, as well as the best photography in the wine business. We invest and spend a lot every year in our inspection and authentication processes, with 5 WSET-certified inspectors, as well as proprietary processes, databases and technologies to hand inspect, authenticate and help set the reserve price on every bottle. We’re not trying to “trick” anyone. In fact, it’s exactly the opposite- we try to document everything as-is and suggest appropriate market pricing. We don’t set the price, the market does. It’s up to you all and the rest of the buyers to decide what to bid on or not.
  • We have a photography team that takes high-res shots of every bottle and works very hard at providing the most accurate photos of color and quality. I’ve had many customers tell me directly that we have the best photography in the business and it’s appreciated. Some other auctions don’t even offer individual photos of wines - they may only offer stock photos or none at all. We provide the best photos we can, so there are no surprises and bidders can decide for themselves.
  • Regarding the 360 bottleshot question, we recently invested in a machine and process that takes 360 photos. We’re glad you’re enjoying the ability to rotate, zoom, and inspect at all angles.

I hope this helps clarify the comments and questions above. We greatly appreciate the Berserker community. Looking forward to hearing what great wines you serve at your holiday tables. Happy tasting and sharing!

-Russ

Hunting whether bottles or bonds, simply assess all available risk, reward, and price information dispassionately, and then either bid or pass.

" We have a photography team that takes high-res shots of every bottle and works very hard at providing the most accurate photos of color and quality*."

So it is confirmed…that is the color. [shock.gif]

i remember about 4 years ago a friend reported this wine was oxidized, which was surprising considering the bottle he sampled had not travelled far outside of the region.

at any rate, i would be shocked if a full fledged auction house would accept a bottle with this color on consignment.

just took a look at cellartracker and there are 6 notes of this wine being advanced/oxidized…

Greatest white I ever tasted on release. Shame how most ended up…