TN: Saxum Gratias 2017

nice garnet color on the PnP
a little Bolognese after a round of golf to start the afternoon of college FB
the wine is a luscious, fruity, and flavorful wine that I would gladly have again and again
thank you

Any comparison to other Saxum offerings as a comparison?

imagine something out of a White Carafe in Tuscany as their version of Saxum

cheers

What does this mean? Sorry. Does it mean it feels like a house red version of saxum?

yes, and it’s very good

House of Ruffino or House of Sassicaia good?

Saxum good

But is it a good QPR? [snort.gif]

hahahaha

Seeing as how I have bought Saxum since 2004, my wife may answer no, it’s not a good QPR.

Isn’t it called Gratis, not Gratias?

Tell your wife she is wrong. Just say the two magic words, “shoes” and “purses.” I would normally get into a lot of trouble for that, but my wife prefers Saxum to shoes and purses, so maybe I will be forgiven.

I have also bought since 2004 and I have yet to serve Saxum to anyone who didn’t think it was great wine except for snooty AFWE wine snobs. [stirthepothal.gif]

I just unwrapped these. May have to pop one tonight.

It is, indeed, Gratias, I think for “thanks”, IIRC the offering note (as opposed to Gratis and “for free”–which, although inexpensive, it was not :slight_smile:

The original offering note also said these are in fact free. :wink:

It was $10 to cover shipping cost.

I must’ve gotten a different offer because mine were $10 with free shipping :slight_smile:

Seriously though, thanks for that. I clearly didn’t remember!

hahah it’s a small but actually noticeable difference…
As you know they offer free shipping to the order. however if you order multiple times (and ship to different places) they charge shipping for the 2nd/subsequent orders.
In this case the 2 gratias is shipped to a separate address as the bulk of the ‘offer order’. and they shipped it for free noting that the $10 was already covering the shipping cost. :smiley: