WTN: 2007 and 2011 Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Auslese

2007 Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel - Germany, Nahe (11/17/2019)
From 375ml, this is in a great spot. Showing ripe pear, quince and pineapple fruit, it’s also dusted with botrytis spice. It’s mouthfilling, and rich, then the acidity kicks in at the finish. The pineapple and spice lingers for a very long time, holding on until well after I have to take another sip. From this format I would drink now, and in the next few years, as it’s showing so well.

2011 Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel - Germany, Nahe (11/17/2019)
Still early days, as this is initially dominated by its richness, and only unfurls after an hour or two of being open. Mango, lychee, papaya, pineapple, and every other tropical fruit (except durian) is there for the tasting. The finish picks up a salty element, and that extends as the acidity finally kicks in on the very end. This is really good, in a pure pleasure way, now, but has all the elements to be great in a few more years.

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice. I have a 375 of 2005 that I’ll probably open soon. I should really buy this wine more often.

I have bought enough. I need to drink it more often.

Thanks for the notes. Any thoughts on the accessibility of the 2007 in 750?

I would expect it to be drinking well, with a longer horizon than the 375s. For what it’s worth, when Terry Theise did his 2007 vintage catalog, he opened up the drinking window for this wine at 10 years, which is somewhat earlier than he often does.

Should be great … [cheers.gif]

Last encounter with a great Niederhauser Hermannshöhle auslese Goldkapsel 2005 AP 5/06 half bottle (18/20).
And also an excellent Oberhaüser Brücke Riesling auslese 1994 AP 5/95 (17,5/20 twice).

I still have a 750 ml of the 1994 Brücke auslese. Last taste was in 2008, and it was amazing then. I really should look into that last bottle.