Temp controlled storage advice needed

Greetings all,
I know, It’s been a Long time since I posted on this board. I need some suggestions on storage for a temporary need. I am in a home that I own but will be moving out of in 2-3 years. I will keep the place as a rental but not likely to a fellow wine geek. However, the place I am moving to will have a cellar.

I thought about buying a used wine fridge/cooler but they are hard to come by and I am nervous about how much life they may still have.

Do I need to suck it up and buy new? I’ld hate to just for a few years. Are there any other workable solutions such as a closet conversion? Ideally I would want to be able to store 300+ bottles but I really don’t want to consider 2 coolers.

I appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks!

Jordan, is offsite not an option, at least for some portion of them?

it Is, but I would still need something at home

Where are you?

A suburb just north of Chicago (Deerfield).

No passive basement? That should be fine in your climate for few years storage as long as it is dry, dark and not right next to a furnace!

I have had success with Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace for sourcing discounted storage units. People don’t always attach the same value to possessions as you would, and you can find insane deals. The one major caveat is you need to check the racking to make sure it can accomodate odd sized bottles (of which I had a good amount). Best of luck!