TN: 2014 Jean-François Ganevat Côtes du Jura Cuvée Oregane

• 2014 Jean-François Ganevat Côtes du Jura Cuvée Oregane - France, Jura, Côtes du Jura (11/19/2019)
    Golden color. Lovely nose with pear, chalk, white florals, star fruit, and bitters on the nose. On the palate, it’s razor sharp and clean but not stern or shrill. Mid weighted, with great cut and freshness. More pear, star fruit, some passion fruit, lemon curd, and marzipan, all with excellent acidity and a mineral- chalky backbone. This has good extract and density but remains fresh and clean. The savagnin really adds a wilder fruit profile that I love. Finishes simultaneously clean yet very long. This was fantastic with roasted chicken thighs, rosemary and fingerling potatoes. Drinking very well now with plenty fo time in hand. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

oddly enough i have never tried this cuvee before. if you have a chance, try the 14 savagnin sous la roche, it is very impressive.

M,
I fully agree. That is a terrific bottling.

Cheers

First encounter yesterday with this blend ( avey good wine) …

Côtes du Jura Ganevat Orégane 2016 : 16/20 – 6/12/2020
Assemblage savagnin, chardonnay (melon à queue rouge). Matière ample, sapide, incisive, nette (non collée, non filtré, sans ajout de soufre) et persistante sur le citron vert, le genêt, le curry. Elle est portée par une acidité décidée (mais nullement agressive) qui s’accompagne d’une touche oxydative.

Absolutely love Ganevat. The wines age spectacularly and are made in a clean style that I really like (though I did admittedly have a somewhat mousey bottle of 15 Grands Teppes recently)