TN: 2017 Dehlinger Chardonnay Garbro Ranch - I took one for the team

• 2017 Dehlinger Chardonnay Garbro Ranch - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (11/21/2019)
    Ok, I’m taking one for the team - Pobega’ing one only days after receiving it, as my curiosity got the best of me, and we’re enjoying a meal that should pair beautifully with it. Beautiful, expressive nose, slightly flinty, sweet apples dominate. Weighty and silky, I’m getting hints of lychee (interesting in a Chardonnay from RRV) and more red apple. Spirited on the palate, textured and good acidity, long finish where the fruit dominates. I don’t get much oak so I should have kept the informational flyer they sent out, to find out what the oak treatment is. Whatever it is, it’s the damn near perfect amount, and I’m guessing 25% new, rest neutral. Beautiful wine, suitable to enjoy now, definitely with the bones to go years, as Dehlinger is known to do.

Todd, thank you for the note. I received my order today and was wondering what these wines were going to be like. There aren’t many bottles pending on CT so there probably won’t be many reviews. I appreciate you enjoying 1 now and sharing your experience!

I love Dehlinger Estate Chardonnay but it is NOT pleasant/enjoyable young…this one is rock solid

Maybe a rhetorical question Todd, but why wouldn’t you open a wine you have never tasted to decide when to drink the rest of them…1 day, 1 year, 10 years, whatever?

Because I only have a certain number and hope someone ELSE would open it and try it out so I can save mine! neener

I’m confused about this. I haven’t purchased it for quite a few years but I always enjoyed it young (and with some age).

I LOVE it with some age, but young I just feel like I’m wasting it - it’s clunky, I get a lot of malo, etc. Give it 5-10 years and YES!

Dang, now I wish I bought some. Open the Pinot with lunch and report back.

Sir, yes sir!

You can’t have just the Pinot, unless you split it with someone else - was sold as 3-pack (2 Chardonnay, 1 Pinot) or 6-pack (4 Chardonnay, 2 Pinot)

neener

Yea, so open your Pinot and report back!