Weightless, Red Fruited and Pure....Name Your Poison

Piggy backing off the Black fruited thread I figured why not name some wines in my wheelhouse. Now this topic screams Chambolle which I love. But it’s not limited to this commune. It could be producer, vineyard, varietal, etc. For me I enjoy the wines of Bertheau, Fourrier, Barthod, Hudelot Noellat and others. To some extent Anthill Farms in my experience displays some red fruited, weightless and pure character. I remember reading a Buzz thread about red fruited Burgundy. But are there wines that you enjoy outside of drinking red Burgundy or Pinot Noir that would be up my wheelhouse that display the qualities of weightless, red fruits and cyrstalline purity? Jamet Cote Rotie for ex, maybe some Chinon or Loire CF? Would love to know.

1988 Catherine et Pierre Breton Chinon Beaumont

Cru Beaujolais! Drank a 2015 Jean Foillard Morgon Côte du Py last night which fit your description.

Enderle & Moll Muschelkalk

A.R. Pepe Valtellina Nebbiolos. For sure.

Etna reds; my fav is graci arcuria.

Occhipinti

Burlotto’s Monvigliero

Several Oregon PNs that I have tested this year. Arterberry-Maresh, Kelley Fox, Biggio-Hamina come to mind.

This, or other similar Cab Francs!

Sandlands reds are really like this. Especially the mataro and the trosseau.

Weightless red fruited pure is dead at retail.

Henri Jouan

Rayas

+1 cru beaujolais.

And a Franc de Pied bottling even better!

Love the transparency and brightness that a Franc de Pied often shows, in addition to a wonderful range of pure red fruits.

Breton makes one, as does Roches Neuves and Plouzeau.

This would get my vote as a starter.

Love this thread. That’s exactly the kind of wines I seek.

1. Oregon PN: Cristom, Arterberry Maresh
  2. A couple of Aussie pinots - Tolpuddle, Myer, Ashton Hills Reserve
  3. As mentioned previously Beaujolais - though I still don’t have a feel for stylistic differences amongst producers
  4. Etna reds : Benanti, Terre Nere etc

Metras for Beaujolais.

My personal faves, Roilette and Thivin, venture deeper into the darks.

Clos du Jaugueyron in Margaux (or the Haut-Médoc bottling), plus other newer organic estates, such as Grand Launay, which I posted on a while ago, which is organic and sulphur-free. Closeries des Moussis also in Margaux. All the Loire reds mentioned.

+2. Add Pignan as well as it’s parent.