Dee Lincoln Steakhouse Frisco,TX

Has anyone been there? Will be in Dallas for a Cowboy game in a few weeks and will be going there. How’s the wine list? Corkage fee?

Thanks

I’ve never been to Dee Lincoln, but in general steakhouses in the Dallas/Plano/Frisco area are pretty bad…high prices where corporate expensing of meals is the norm, with overpriced wine lists that are heavily weighted toward (i) overpriced “trophy” wines (i.e. wines with name recognition) designed to impress a corporate client, and (ii) mediocre Cabs and “red blends” from California, in both cases with markups (as compared to retail) in the 2.8 to 3.5 range. In other words, you’ll see a lot of mediocre wines you could pick up at the neighborhood wine store for $22 which might be priced in the $61-$77 range.

If I were forced to go to a steakhouse in the North Dallas area, I’d probably try for Capital Grille or Del Frisco’s over Dee Lincoln. I think Capital Grille (at least their other locations) has a slightly better wine list and Del Frisco’s food is always pretty delicious. That said, I don’t know much about Dee Lincoln’s beyond the fact that I haven’t heard much about them (which is something). It sounds like you’re specifically wanting something in Frisco, but if you’re open to someting not so nearby, you could go to Pappas Bros, which is by far the most comprehensive wine list (and great wine service) in Dallas…and though it’s expensive, I’ve managed to find a few bargains on their list over the years.

I’ve also heard that Zaytinya, a Mediterranean restaurant in the same general area, is quite good, with a decent Mediterranean-focused wine list.

Second for Zaytinya…it’s no steakhouse but the food is fabulous

Just visited their website. Closed as of 11/18.

That’s North Dallas for you…the good ones go under while the chains and mediocre thrive!

An article I just read said they were in late-stage discussions to move the restaurant to Dallas from Frisco