No longer can afford Giuseppi Rinaldi- who is the ballpark?

Giuseppi Rinaldi is out of reach now. I’ve got some 08s of the Brunate Le Coste I love. Anyone remotely in this league at sub $150?

Not the same, but Roagna and Brovia are still (relative) values. I find G Rinaldi pretty singular.

+1 on Roagna and Brovia.

I have some 04s in my cellar. I love this stuff. Sad that it is this expensive.

3rd for Brovia. Also would add Elvio Cogno in a somewhat similar style

++ on Brovia. Got some 01 Brunate at a good price. Can’t justify current release prices since I don’t buy at the winery… Good news: Lots of other Barolo that’s amazing.

Plenty,

Massolino, Cavallotto, Cappellano, F Rinaldi, Cogno, Vajra…

This. I love Roagna and Brovia and if you squint really hard (I mean really hard) maybe Roagna has some similarities but I find that G. Rinaldi is 1 of 1 (or maybe I should say has been, haven’t tasted 2014, 2015).

I don’t have any experience with F. Rinaldi, but for the rest of those producers, I would say only Cappellano is in the same league as G. Rinaldi, and none of them are in quite the same style.

I’ve liked a few Roagna that I’ve had, but the higher end bottlings aren’t that much cheaper than Rinaldi…

Can confirm on Roagna. Visited 2 years ago, and their winery is by far to best outfitted one I visited in Piemonte. Luca, the winemaker really knows what he is doing. Making wine at a really high level.

+1 on Cavallotto. Think they’re just a great value in high end Barolo. Love their Bricco Boschis ‘Vigna San Giuseppe’ riserva, around $100 on release.

Love Brovia.

When I tasted the 06s and 07s in Piedmont, I preferred Francesco Ronaldi to Giuseppe. I think F Rinaldi has come a long way since the 90s .

Love my G Rinaldi ’s (mostly 04 and older). Would love to do another side by side.

Fenocchio, Luigi pira, cogno ,principiano, vajra/baudana ,Giovanni Rosso , chiara Boschis , fratelli Alessandria .to watch out .bric cenciurio , Reva , poderi colla.

+1. Love the wines but even outside of the Crichet Paje, the wines are aggressively priced.

The San Giuseppe is getting closer to 150, but I agree - it’s one one wines I buy every year.

Sorry for the thread highjack but any thoughts on which Barolo to try from the attached list (in the bracket sub 100 EUR and 100 - 200 EUR)? This thread inspired to order a barolo/barbaresco this weekend. Was thinking 2011 as I have enjoyed a couple recently, even though young.
CARTE-VINS-040719-1.pdf (127 KB)

That list includes just about every style in the region! Chiara Boschi— her winery is E Pira—uses barriques so is nothing like G Rinaldi. And, even though Vajra owns Baudana, there styles are extremely different, in part because they come from opposite ends of the DOCG zone.

Josef, which restaurant’s wine list ?

Ofer, the list is attached to my previous post. It’s from a restaurant in Belgium.