2018 Schrader

Don’t see a thread on this yet… just got my letter. Allocated two Classic packs, $1575 for 7 bottles (an odd number, no?) Going to take one. I’m also being given the opportunity to wish for an Old Sparky for the first time. Mags aren’t really my thing but I’ve never had Old Sparky…

$1,575.00 is not an “odd” number, although it is an odd number; $225/btl…

7 bottles sounds odd to me

It ain’t even. champagne.gif

Constellation Brands

Is anyone still buying schrader?

According to Cellartracker, schrader purchases peaked in '12 and '13. There was a decrease of ~25% in '14. The 2017 shows a ~70% decrease in posted bottles vs. 2013. I realize the 2017 number may not be up to date as people receive their allocation. But still. pileon

I am offered two eight-packs. After sharing an allocation the last few years post-sale, thinking about jumping back in for one more purchase given the strength of the vintage.

Bought 2006-2015, stopped at 2016.

Stopped with the 2017 vintage, got an offer for the 2018 vintage – obviously a better all-around year, but any ideas as to these wines?

Offered three eight packs plus a two Old Sparkey’s. In for at least one eight pack and both Old Sparky’s.

Stopped buying a while ago. Just another wine.

Wow, seems like quite a few people have gotten much larger allocations than previous years. Must be a glut of this stuff. Maybe if everyone keeps their credit cards in their wallets, the price will come down.

My full allocation and wish list would cost over $9,000!! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

First full year under Constellation. According to the allocation verbiage, this will be the first time Schrader and TRB have been given access to “Heritage” NS2 blocks of To-Kalon allowing them the prime of prime blocks. 2018 was a very good growing season, so couple that with “better” fruit source, the 2018 Schrader’s might be tasty. $225 a bottle is the same as previous vintages and on par with pricing of many dozens of Napa cab producers.

Constellation can keep their wine. I am no longer a buyer.

Ditto. I have moved on.

Logged in and tells me that I have no offer despite receiving an email. Guess I’m lower down on the list…

Not sure if I’m a buyer regardless.

I passed on the 2015 vintage and haven’t received an offering since. I’m totally sad and offended [snort.gif]

Anyone willing to share their allocation at cost?