Paying for Lennie Kravitz on my 2008 Dom

A couple of offers recently offering Lennie inspired labels etc with a small significant premium. Limited editions.

No interest personally, but do any of you buy into this?

No. But he was great in concert. In 1990.

Oh, and if so inclined, at least ball up and get the magnum. In a box. With a stick.

6D7DA4BC-C637-4C43-8A35-CC12B1A93F32.jpeg
Harrods has it for $3,137.99. Exclusive of VAT. And that damn tariff.

likely because the green 2008 isn’t currently being sold in and they’re selling in the kravitz bottle. perhaps the next wave of 2008 green will be more than the initial release(s). this seems typical for the bigger champagne brands - they go in and out of the active market.

Is the stick actually a giant straw?

To Mark’s question, no. I wouldn’t avoid the custom bottlings of Dom if I needed the particular wine at a moment and the price was in line with my expectations, but I have no attraction to collecting them or owning them over the base green label.

fred

Looks like a dreidel.

That’s a candle/candleholder. Wally’s is selling it signed for $3650.

That will book-end my Marilyn Merlots.

I ended up with two of the Lennie label… sorta long story, but a local grocery store does a large champagne tasting where 100% of the ticket price can be used as a credit towards champagne over the next couple weeks. They had regular label 09 dom, and Lennie 08… so I bought the 08s.

Due to mental math I consider the ticket price of the event a fair price, and the credit to be just a gift. I stacked a coupon we got in the mail, and in my head paid $90 a bottle for 2 bottles of the 08 Lennie. I’d do the same every day this month if given the chance!

These bottles are not unattractive, as some of the Moet “specials” are. I would not refuse them if they were at a good price but I certainly would not pay a premium for them

+1. I ended up with one of the David Lynch label Doms from a few years ago, but only because it was the same price as the “regular” bottling.

that looks like it should sit next to my toilet, reading for scrubbing.

Sounds like some fancy LVMH marketing to me. I’ll wait until the Suicide edition:

I’ve concluded that it is an avant garde handle for carrying the box.

I got a few when they were the same price as the regular bottling.

I’m super pissed. I thought I was getting a mag of Dom Perignon and an elite, high quality butter churn. When it showed up I was dismayed to learn it’s a candle! WHAT THE HELL LVMH! And if you’re going to trick me, why make the candle smell like melting Kerrygold?

Andrew
I constantly use the “sunk expense” rationalization. It may be one reason I’m generous with my prized bottles, and never afraid to open something really special for no particular reason.
Cheers
Warren

same here with the Michael Riedel label.

Right? I was expecting a swank brush for my bathroom!