Wife Just Got A Case of Wine Delivered, Am I alllowed to look?

I’m just sitting here minding my own business, enjoying a little WB.com with some coffee and about to go cycling, when I get a knock on the door. A private wine concierge. Seriously. She’s at Pilates.

Certainly I’m allowed a peak, right? I had to tip the concierge, right, so certainly that creates an interest in the wine box.

So those two, back-to-back Napa trips appears to have created a budding wine appreciation. I guess drinking 25 years of my geeky thin weedy stinky crap left her unmoved.

So she’s loaded up a little fridge with:

Ovid W4.5 white
Williams Selyem
Lambert Ridge
Martinelli Zin
Pape Clement Blanc
Eiesle Sav Blanc.
And a few other things that I don’t know.

Admittedly, it’s both cute and fun.

Oh, and she just booked us for a Merry Edwards wine dinner in early January.

Back in the early 2000’s I got a ton of Lambert Bridge merlot for around $10.00 per at a restaurant going out of biz sale, it was good and for the price it was great. Don’t see much posted about them here.

I’ve tried the Cab Franc and Chard. Over-priced and lackluster. Meh.

Wait til you try the Martinelli Zin

Obv you’re allowed to look…and post pics here.

Those wines seem like grounds… just sayin’.

I’m thinking I can cut the tape and reseal it.

A6C4BAD8-4BC9-46E1-84A5-9D0FA4403377.jpeg

Yea, but then doesn’t she get 1/2 of my really good stuff?

16.4% ABV baby! Just add ice cubes.

I bet my son would like it.

NakedWines.com

Will you be able to bear the disappointment if what’s labeled on the box is what’s inside?

Yeah, but she doesn’t know what really good stuff is. Offer to give her all your new world stuff, minus Ridge, and she’ll think she scored bigtime.

#$5.49valueplay

I’m stoked for you. The Eiesle is good juice. I think she needs some Bedrock. Maybe something both can enjoy. I’m fortunate, my wife and I share liking for quite a few styles of wine but her favorite is Goodfellow Family Cellars and Ridge which works out great for both us.

Sean

You mean after the ice melts? This was gifted to me years ago. 17.3% !!!
booze.jpg

Suspense is killing me…
DE36CCC7-11DC-4E31-A1AE-9D4B67369B2D.jpeg

Would be sooooooooooo funny if it’s actually a case of La Playa.

Finally, I can visit Alfert if I go to the Michigan/Alabama bowl game and get some good wine!

Assuming you have any. I mean, is she really going to want any of that mean Loire crap you drink?

You don’t want to know