Vietti 2016s Baroli

Curious to see if anyone here has tasted those? Offers will soon begin to arrive…

Tasted the following '16’s over dinner with Lucca two month’s ago. All were beautifully balanced and crackled with energy. The Rocche was the most expressive and open today, with engaging florals and intense red fruits. There was a cool, underlying stoniness. The Brunate was luscious, layered and deep. Perfectly ripe fruits enveloped the mouth and it had so much latent power. There’s ample structure under the flesh. The Lazzarito had some tobacco and floral spice. There’s a core of delicious cherry fruit and some earth and iron lingering in the background. The Ravera is a tight, kinetic ball of sensuousness. There are waves of fruit, mineral and spice. It is deeply pitched and so expansive. It will need loads of time to eventually unfurl but you sense greatness.

Thanks, Jeremy!!!

These notes are all from barrel, except the Castiglione, which I tasted from bottle with Luca earlier this year.

Is there a rough 1-2 sentence descriptor for each vineyard? For example, I was under the impression the Lazzarito is the most modern leaning of the crus?

I have been meaning to set up a Vietti horizontal, but have not had the chance to do so. My lone experience is a 2015 Ravera a few months ago, which I quite enjoyed.

Anyone else have upates ? I’ve had the Castiglione from 375 and agree with Jeremy, Eric and AG. A terrific wine and an awesome value. Case purchase for me.

cheers

Anyone seeing these locally yet ? I think they are just getting to Tampa

I bought the SVD’s on pre-order back in February/March of this year.