TN: 2016 Once & Future Wine Zinfandel Forcini Vineyard

2016 Once & Future Wine Zinfandel Forcini Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (12/17/2019)
Bright red fruit on an elegant frame reminds me more of the old Ravenswood wines than almost any of the other O&F wines. It conveys a great deal of flavor while never being heavy.

Posted from CellarTracker

I am on board with your opinion!

So glad they are making these wines!

2 Likes

Good to hear. I haven’t been that impressed with the other O&F wines. I will give this a try!

Yeah, I loved this one. Drank most within a year or two, but may have one left.

Which were you not that impressed with? Opened a ‘15 Bedrock and Frank’s Block recently both damn damn good.

The Frank’s Block is consistently my favorite.

Yep, totally agree with this. Frank’s block is an outstanding zin.

Palisades Petite Sirah is no slouch either. 14 is drinking surprisingly well but will definitely hold for a long time.

I bought Teldeschi zin and Oakley mataro in their debut release. Just a little rich and dark to my taste.

I think I had visions of 1993 Ravenswood dancing in my head, so I felt disappointed.

Probably more an indication of my shifting palate than winemaking!

Glad to see so many of you enjoying the wines.

Matthew,

I found the first release of O&F to be closer to Bedrock than Ravenswood. Later releases have dialed it back a bit.

Thx David. That was my impression too. Your rec here has spurred me to give them another shot.

Received one of these in the recent mystery library release and was very impressed. Beautiful weight and balance. The finish is a touch short but lovely otherwise.

1 Like

I had the same initial reaction as Matthew did. But opened a 2018 Teldeschi Zin the other night and was pleasantly surprised. Some bright fruit but also really nice structure. Sort of my ideal zin profile. Revisiting it after a few days opened and corked later today.