TN: NV Pierre Péters Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut Cuvée de Réserve

NV Pierre Péters Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut Cuvée de Réserve - France, Champagne (12/20/2019)
Third time in three months having the May 2019 disgorgement, and first time actually getting more than a tasting pour or two. Laura and I both loved the tastes we had the first two times, and this bottle just added full confirmation. The 5/2019 disgorgement is a special wine. It’s already more complex than most NV blends that have had a couple of years to settle in. It has floral, yeasty, citrus, and saline tones that swirl like a vortex. It shows fabulous richness, and great precision at the same time. It’s a special wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

champagne.gif David always a winner!

This particular disgorgement is extra special.

Does the label explicitly state the disgorgement?

Yes. It is on the back label.

Good to hear. Feel like this wine went through a rough patch for a few years with '10 and '11-dominated blends. Sounds like I need to try it again. Has sentimental value as it’s the wine that first got me into grower Champagne. Unfortunately price is all over the place on this wine.

I like the ‘10 base. ‘11 hurt everyone.

What % is base vs reserve?

From the Theise catalog:

Péters does the “perpetual reserve” with his NV, which means that the current wine is 50% of (the latest vintage) and 50% the previous blend…

Cheers, I’ll have a look at the store then.

I agree that this is a particularly good release. Pricing in my home market has gotten a bit crazy, but I suspect that might be a localized problem and not a general one.

Yeah. Awfully spendy around me as well, but I found a less expensive source to load up elsewhere. Helps that my dad can pick it up, and save shipping.