TN: 2012 François Raveneau Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre

2012 François Raveneau Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (12/20/2019)
After several years of drinking Raveneau wines too young due to premox fears, I gave in to just letting it ride. Still early, but even a little patience was well worth it. The richness and depth of the wine were far beyond what I had experienced with new release or near release bottles, and the aromatic complexity exceeded even my lofty expectations. The kicker was the sheer length of the wine. It just lingered, and not like a ghost, but with nearly its full intensity, and all the fruit and savory character that came from the first sip. Extraordinary wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

2012 François Raveneau Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre… was well worth it…

Jesus Christ, I hope so.

I can afford it, so yeah.

Thanks for the note. One of my favorite versions of Chablis.

Nice note. I would have thought that Raveneau was one of the few places that one was safe from premox fears. Have you experienced much Raveneau premox, or are you just being super careful?

I had the 2012 Chablis a couple nights ago and even that was grand. Hope to try this soon!

I am supremely sure David just picked this up on the secondary market, 6 years after release because he had $360 plus shipping burning a hole in his pocket…

I bought the 2015 version of this for 35 Euros in Auxerre in 2018.something happens on the way from the cellar door…

Sounds brilliant. Thanks for the note David.

Bought on release for $100.

I sometimes want to cry when I look at my lone bottle of this knowing what I paid and what the current price is.

I have only ever had one premoxed Raveneau.

Man I just found the 16 for 200 and thought I hit the jackpot.

$100 in the US on release? That’s a crazy good price. Average CellarTracker user price is $157, mine were sourced for $154 on release.

I like the Raveneau 12s, strong wines in a ripe vintage. Had the 12 Les Clos last week, no surprise it’s still way too young and not giving much. Most preferred the 09 Valmur which was a surprise.