"Fantastic Value!"

What is the most recent wine you have tasted that you would say this about, regardless of price?
Your “value” can be anywhere on the price spectrum !

Addition
William Kelley’s post #29 where he is tasting “live” a wine that he considers a fantastic value and posts it “live” to this thread adds a very cool twist to the theme. Feel free to be inspired and follow his lead and come back to this thread at any time (next week, next month, etc. . . ) and make your own “live” tasting fantastic value post, in addition to posting about your recent and, in some cases, perennial favorites which you can do now or anytime.

Saint gall Blanc de Blanc millesime
Chartogne tallet cuvee st anne
Marie Courtin resonance

Michel Arnould Grande Cuvee Champagne.

2017 picq dessus de Carriere

Tiberio cerasuolo d’abruzzo

La Chapelle Thivin ~18 euros
La Champine Gerin ~ 10 euros
Au Fil du Temps - Vins de France from Guffens (Verget du Sud, not from his holdings in Maconnais) ~ 10 euros for a Magnum flirtysmile

Joh Jos Prum

Thivin - arguably one of the most consistent and best QPRs on the planet, cannot recall a vintage that I did not enjoy, and have not missed a vintage purchase since buying 07. Recent vintages have been sensational. Could put Roilette in this camp as well, it just generally wants more aging.

Beaucastel Coudolet - the Cotes du Rhône, almost always delivers. For Rhone fans, could put Chave’s Mon Couer in this category. Both over-deliver.

La Gravette de Certain - VCC’s second label (granted, pricing has hedged up, I just popped a 2012 last night and wish that I had bought a whole case). I won’t beat the dead dog again about my other two fave Bordeaux QPRs.

Baudry Les Granges - You can call any of the Baudry cuvees a QPR as they all over-deliver in their price categories, but if we are talking a cheap mid-week drinker, in a quality year, this is as good of an inexpensive Chinon as you will find.

My #1 year in and year out value is best represented by Carlisle wines. They are consistently excellent and fairly priced.

Second choices would be Chardonnay and Pinot from Walter Hansel; Rhone Whites from Tablas Creek; Syrah from Betz; and, high end cab from Quilceda Creek.

Most recently this one at $25:

• 2011 Simon Bize Bourgogne Blanc Les Perrières - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc (12/19/2019)
    I agree with one of the other posters that this is probably the best Bourgogne Blanc I have had. Really nice for the level. There is a flinty, struck match aroma on the nose that I really like. Tart, too much so for Ann actually. Lemon, citrus, salty, with a slight popped corn and butterscotch note on the finish. Solid acidity. Drinks much better closer to room temperature. I wish I had more.

Domaine du Fontsainte Gris de Gris Corbieres Rose.
Everything I want in a rose at or under $15.00 a bottle.

Coudert Fleurie Clos de la Roilette Cuvee Tardive- always a beauty and it ages.
approx $24.00

Yes to Coudert and Baudry. Also Charvin CdR, also Clos de Briords and Luneau Papins L d’Or.

kevin white

produttori del barbaresco

Something to order when you can’t BYO also

I bought a case for 2007 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Mercurey La Creuze for something like $22 a bottle a couple of years ago and every one has been singing. Just a crazy good wine for the price.

Pretty much any of Bryan Harrington’s wines. Alas.

[cry.gif]

The base 2018 jacquere from domaine l’idylle—all of $10 ish—was incredible for the money.

Any of the Champagnes I’ve had from Clement Perseval. They have all punched well above their weight.

2016 Castro Canada A Boca de Demo - stunning bottle opened by my colleague Luis! so pure and perfumed
NV Egly-Ouriet Brut Grand Cru (formerly “Tradition”) - this ‘basic’ cuvée seems to just get better and better with each new disgorgement
2017 Pepière Briods - reliably one of the best values in French white wine, though that’s not news to this forum
2013 Château des Tours Côtes du Rhône - love the cooler vintages here, Reynaud magic for a modest tariff, but how long will that last?
2018 Chermette Beaujolais-Villages Coeur de Vendanges - also routinely great value, better than a lot of cru Beaujolais
2015 Richoux Irancy - cheaper than most Bourgogne Rouge from serious domaines on the Côte d’Or and better than most of them
2017 Dureuil-Janthial Rully 1er Cru Meix Cadot - if this came from Puligny-Montrachet, imagine the price tag
2000 Kalin Cellars Sonoma County Pinot Noir DD - their last vintage, almost two decades of bottle age, tastes like serious Burgundy and still can be had for a two-figure sum

Des Tours hasn’t been inexpensive in the US for a long time. It is a great value at the domaine, as is the Vacqueyras, even if it costs well more than any other Vacqueyras.