Davenport Cellars is Closing 65% off all Wines

http://davenportcellars.com/
Some good wines still left and at $10 a bottle with $30 flat rate shipping is a no brainer.

1 Like

Just got a case. NO brainer with the $30 shipping.

which ones do you recommend from their offering?

2008 Continuity but really all the Continuity wines.
Davenport Cellars - Site down Amazing vineyards they sourced from for this wine.

At the cheap prices I got one of some of the other reds. Could not pull the trigger on the Carmenere however.

It’s showing as $30/bottle for me?

It’s showing as $30/bottle for me?

When you go to check out it applies the discounts.

Thanks John!

Picked up a mixed case including some of the 08 Continuity.

Thanks John! Just picked up 1/2 case with $18 shipping to try out.

Has anyone has the Carmenere, or know if this region tends to be good for Carmenere?

Has anyone has the Carmenere, or know if this region tends to be good for Carmenere?

Is any region good for Carmenere? neener

I would give it a try in all seriousness. Washington State is growing non traditional grapes and having good success. I popped on a Malbec Reserve.

1 Like

Thanks John! Just picked up 1/2 case with $18 shipping to try out.

I was amazed that even though they ship UPS they were able to do a 3rd party shipper and get it to my FedEx Office. Can’t beat that for $30 on a case.

I got a mixed 6 of the Continuity for $81 shipped to the east coast. Even if the wine is only fair that is a massive bargain. Especially considering the vineyards these wines were sourced from.

What’s their Oak philosophy, and how does the Oak present itself in the final bottled product?

What’s their Oak philosophy, and how does the Oak present itself in the final bottled product?

For $10 a bottle I am willing to find out. Not a ton of data on the wines.

Picked up 6. Not much on the internet but the Malbec did win best in it’s class in a local competition (for whatever that’s worth).

4 bottles 08 Continuity and 2 of the Malbec. $84 delivered. Thank you for posting this offer. Worth a try.

Thanks for the heads up. Bought several each of the Continuity.

I have been to their tasting room in Woodinville a few times. The staff there is great and they serve food which is nice since there aren’t too many restaurants in the warehouse district. I like their 2008 Continuity best. It is a tight when first opened and needs a hour of air to open. Should go several more years no problem. The RHD, their 2013 Cab, and the Chardonnay are also very good. They source fruit from some of the better vineyards in the state.

I have my wife pick out a few Washington State wines and pour them into decanters so I can have a blind tasting. The Davenport wines hold up pretty nicely compared to others that cost twice the price. At 65% off they are screaming good deals. I picked up 2 cases on Saturday.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Bought a case.

Thanks for the tip. I’ve no familiarity with the wines, but seems like a total no-brainer price.
Always sad to see independent businesses shut down…I hope it was on the owners’ own terms.