Champagne consumption down in France

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-29/the-french-just-aren-t-quaffing-champagne-the-way-they-once-did?utm_source=url_link

Wow, I’m a little surprised at how large a share of worldwide demand France still accounts for… I wonder if that is is evenly distributed across pricing tiers or if it’s really being driven at the low end

I have been drinking more champagne as of late. I may slow down if the tariffs add a lot to my purchase price. Now per the article, I would triple my champagne consumption if I could buy at $11 a bottle.

Our country aims to bring this consumption trend to here…a rare new French import which our government favors.

Isn’t wine consumption overall (not just Champagne) trending downward in France? Particularly with the ultra-low DUI standard there.

Champagne consumption is up in our house. We will try to do our part in taking up the slack. Tariffs be damned.

Yes, and the government keeps telling people that alcohol is evil.

And it releases CO2

Keeping Champagne out of America is how the USTR is doing its part to prevent global climate change. All that foreign CO2 stays in foreign cities, like France.

We got enough hot gas here already.

And cheese? Who wants Frenchie cheese, especially if not drinking Frenchie Champagne?

American fizzie wines go great with American processed cheese food products! Cheez-Whiz is a great example of American ingenuity…its name even reminds you about what to do, after drinking those paired wines. Domestic technology at its best.

Mmm, Cheez Whiz!
Scratch glass, turn blue.