K & L Auctions

I’m thinking about buying wine from K & L’s auctions to back fill on older Bordeaux and was wondering what kind of experiences others have had buying from them? Also, I’m a little worried about provenance since they are selling the wine from private collections. Thanks for thoughts and feedback.

I’ve bought probably 10 cases of wine from K&L auctions in the past year. Haven’t had a bad one yet. Bought quite a bit of older (10-20 yr old) Bordeaux, have been very happy with them.

I buy from them as my preferred auction source and have 100% happiness with them.

1 Like

Big +1. My only beef is others have come to the same conclusion and often bid up the prices!

1 Like

Just make sure they ship to your state

2 Likes

They are unquestionably the best overall online site. They handle everything professionally and confidently.
The same caveat emptor applies to their auctions as would apply to any other auctions.

Another +1. Bought many cases, including older Bordeaux, with no problems. Since I’m in LA, I can also pickup locally…and I use the saved shipping costs to outbid Pat. [berserker.gif]

Only good experiences. It’s become my go to place for online purchases and auction buying/selling over the last 3-4 years.

They also have the best selection of rare and unique single malts and similar items in the country… but sadly they don’t ship hooch out of state anymore.

KL only ships to like 10 select states. They have been dead to me for years.

good to go

1 Like

I buy a fair amount and while they’re great, it’s still auction sourcing. Having said that, the one time I got a lot of poxed Chablis, I mentioned it to them (in case other people had similar problems with the consignor) not expecting anything and they gave me a credit. Quality establishment.

Another 1+++ from me. Great site, great service.

Only place I have bought from auction. Buyer fee is only 5% which is nice. Can often get some good deals if you are patient and stealthy.

My favorite - also one of my favorite local retailers. Consummate pros

Has anyone had them ship to Washington? They dont have it listed but was under the impression it was a fairly open state as far as wine shipping went?

Thanks!

I’ve had nothing but good wine come through on K&L auctions. Customer service is also very good.

A friend I drink a bunch with buys the loin share of his wine from K&L Auctions. I have seen a couple cooked batches, or at least stuff that’s been way advanced for what it should be. But by far and away the overwhelming percentage has been spot on. And if you shop (bid) carefully, prices seem very fair.

I’ve bought directly from them and had it shipped to Washington – they use a 3rd party for shipping (I believe you effectively “take possession” before it leaves CA). I’ve not had any issue with the shipper and been a happy customer.

I’ve not bought through auctions, so don’t know if that’s handled differently.

K & L and Wine Library are my go to for getting backfill wines.

1 Like