Montecillo Vineyard Sonoma

I had two great 2013 Cabs this past week from this vineyard site- Arnot-Roberts and Beta Wines. Both wines were incredibly balanced with great structure and while great to drink now, they both felt like they good age for the long term. Did a quick check on CellarTracker as I was curious who else produces a wine from this site. Was surprised to see such a limited track record (Keating, who I don’t know, starts in 2008).

Was this owned by someone else in the past and they just started selling fruit more recently?

Anyway, pound for pound, both these wines were excellent.

Have tasted Erin and Massimo Di Costanzo’s wine coming from this vineyard that is being released this year and it was phenomenal. Check them out for sure!

Bedrock makes a Cab from that vineyard as well. Had the '13 a few months back and it was really nice.

Add Turley and Carlisle to the list. The vines are about a half century old and the fruit previously went into the old Kenwood “Artist Series.”

Outstanding vineyard!

From CT

Bedrock Wine Co. 31.8% Bottles (2,432)
Arnot-Roberts 14.4% Bottles (1,100)
Keating 13.5% Bottles (1,028)
Turley 11.9% Bottles (911)
Beta 7.7% Bottles (592)
St. Francis 7.1% Bottles (546)
DuMOL 6.5% Bottles (494)
Carlisle 3.4% Bottles (256)
Beekeeper Cellars 2.4% Bottles (185)
Camino 1.0% Bottles (73)
Ordaz 0.2% Bottles (16)
Ordaz Family Wines 0.1% Bottles (5)
Di Costanzo 0.0% Bottles (3)

The Beekeeper Montecillo zinfandel is awesome! Pricey at retail…but tasty and really well structured. Feels like it will age well.

Recently opened the '14 Turley Montecillo and it was excellent.

I opened one of those New Year’s Eve. It was tight upon opening even with a decant, but was spectacular the next day.

We rented a house on Moon Mountain a few years ago. Essential right below Repris. Where is this vineyard in relation to that?

We loved staying up there because of the views over the vineyards. Wonder if we had a view of Montecillo.