What's your favorite part of drinkin Bubbly?

Champagne/Sparkling wines are much more than just the wine part. There’s the bubbles/effervescence, mousse, yeast/lees, pop of the cork, the celebratory factor…

So…what do you like best about drinking these type wines?

For me…the mousse! I just love a creamy fine, palate coating, pillow soft, gingery/lemon chiffon/marsala creme mousse! The explosion of freshness from the citrus and bubbles upon entry…then there is the calming palate coating mousse that expands, and carries that freshness to all ends…and then the contemplation begins.

You? champagne.gif

I usually drink Champagne with a group of people. I like the festive anticipation that comes with popping a cork, an augur of good times ahead.

It’s a symbol of fellowship, bonhomie and enjoying the finer things in life.

I like the bubbles and the fact they are very versatile with food.

Like Matthew, it is the vibe that is created when the cork pops. It always sets the mood in a positive direction. Even a good Prosecco can do it. Krug even better.

Makes my wife frisky.

When the toro and uni sashimi arrives.

champagne.gif

Funny, mine too [highfive.gif]

For whatever reason, I adore the way the bubbles tends to break down walls of separation between strangers. I find consistently that when I greet guests with a glass of champagne, by the time the glass is ready to be refreshed, everyone is talking, laughing, and sharing. Perhaps it’s coincidental, perhaps the tiny bubbles assist or affect the alcohol in some strange alchemical manner. But I’ve done it for years and counted on the effect and never once been disappointed.

I don’t recall every seeing anyone with a sad look on their face with a glass of bubbles in their hand.

My favorite part is drinking it more often now, not just for “official” special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.). Anytime becomes special! There is an undeniable extra happy pleasure, sometimes leaning towards giddy, that it seems to bring out in me. The characteristics I especially like in a good champagne are the mousse and bead, and that yeasty lees thing that gets added to what is a tasty and interesting base wine. I might just open a half bottle tonight!

I like all of the experience, the bubbles, the mousse, the taste and the finish. We drank about 10 bottles over the holiday and all were great. No better experience to me.

All of the above.
Forced to pick one - versatility.

When I like Champagne, it is because it tastes great. There are an awful lot of mediocre bubbly out there and the bubbles/effervescence, mousse, yeast/lees, pop of the cork, the celebratory factor, etc., do not make the WINES taste any better to me if the WINE is mediocre.

I love Taittinger CdC, Delamotte, Ruinart, Bouchard, Prevost, Bereche, etc., because they taste great.

The great tasting WINE is a given…as we all here only drink great wine! [wow.gif] Then pick…

And, the tasting great is my favorite part, just like it is with Burgundy, Bordeaux, German wines, etc.

For me, Champagne (in and of itself) is always a celebration.

Cheers!

Colin champagne.gif

It gets me, or you (or him or her or them) drunk really fast champagne.gif neener flirtysmile grouphug [rofl.gif]
These facts have been alluded to in other posts.

Dan Kravitz

This thread reminds me of a small scene in “The Deer Hunter”:

Bobby DeNiro’s character returns to Saigon to rescue Christopher Walken’s deranged character from the Russian Roulette gambling club.

The French proprietor is put off by De Niro’s gruff manner and insistence on seeing Walker immediately. He tries to soften him up by offering some Champagne, which De Niro brusquely waves off.

The proprietor is annoyed:

“But monsieur. To say no to Champagne is to say no to life!”