Champagne vs Still wine

I got curious yesterday about how I spent my wine budget in 2019. Using Cellartracker, the power is a few clicks to get the answer. The most notable thing I found was my significant shift between Champagne and Still wine. 2019 was the first year that Champagne purchases for my cellar outpaced Still wine. In looking at 2018 against 2019, I bought roughly the same amount of total bottles, but where the huge impact was seen for 2019 is that for every bottle of Still wine I bought, I purchased two bottles of Champagne. That has never happened before, and it speaks to the fact that my cellar is going to reach 50% Champagne as a total by the end of 2020, yet I will have the same amount of bottles total in my cellar.

The reality today as 2020 arrives is that I continue to find a thrill in Champagne and the position I am taking in buying it. The tariff situation may be a huge impact to my own plan here, and more importantly how that affects so many on this Board who are ITB. I really feel empathy for those folks and have tried to do my part with speaking up, contacting my elected folks in Washington, the UTSR, etc.