TN: 2017 Rivers-Marie Chardonnay B. Thieriot Vineyard

• 2017 Rivers-Marie Chardonnay B. Thieriot Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (1/9/2020)
    Sometimes you need a little richness and spice in your life! A nice change of pace after drinking tons of white burgs…rich and bright, full bodied, golden orchard fruits…spiced up very generously with oak barrel, white pepper, and candied ginger honey. Full bodied and creamy, wherther’s candy, in the mouth…YET…VERY CUT with super intense lemon and pineapple citrus…crushed geology giving it a solid structure and salinity…pretty white blossom florals and a nuanced smoke reduction that reminds me of pycm. Such a big wine, like a “with everything” baked potato…yet SO chiseled and cut…not flabby in the least! Should gain even more through the next decade. +pts (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Lovely TN! Love Thieriot.

That note is spot on!

We drank one at Thanksgiving and it really is all that!

Finding a winemaker who suits your palate is a real gift.

This one killed with a mushroom and wild rice “stuffing.”

Your pics are always awesome, as well.

I’ve got a 2012 and 2015 stashed somewhere that I may have to pull out.

Thanks for the note !

Has anyone compared this to Maybach’s Eterium Chardonnay ? Same vineyard, same wine maker …

2017 is the first RM Thieriot Chardonnay I own, but I’ve been buying the Eterium for several years. Maybe time to do a side-by-side as the 2018s from both should offered soon.