False alarm, 2008 Cristal: NOT eligible for Total Wine 20% off coupon

Edited: Never mind, this is not a Winery Direct wine and is not eligible for the 20% off coupon.

========
The 20% coupons come out intermittently and can’t be applied to wines priced with a 7 as the last digit. Pricing varies from store to store. The local TW has 2008 Cristal for $259.99, which works out to $208 with the coupon.

I got the 20% only 1 time in 2 years. What am I doing wrong?

Anyone been to vino Volo lately? Wondering if they have moved on to the 08 cristal yet?

I think the 20% only works on “winery direct” wines; is Roederer/Cristal one of those?

Oops, you’re right Neal. This is not a Winery Direct wine, as I found out when I tried to check out…

Can’t delete the thread, but I’ll change the title.

I can never find any winery direct wines I want to purchase in the Minneapolis Market. Most are their corporate swill with goofy labels.

Most of their Bordeaux portfolio is Winery direct. Before their anticipatory price hikes, the 20% off coupons made them very good buys.

John Glas wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:34 pm
I can never find any winery direct wines I want to purchase in the Minneapolis Market. Most are their corporate swill with goofy labels.
Most of their Bordeaux portfolio is Winery direct. Before their anticipatory price hikes, the 20% off coupons made them very good buys.

The Minneapolis Total Wine Bordeaux wines are so overpriced that 20% does do much. Still overprice than elsewhere in the country and the better shops in town when they have a sale.

A lot of Bordeaux is Winery Direct. Often those I’m interested in (backfilling, not futures) is sold out or only 1 or 2 bottles are available.

Where can i find the 20% off?

They email the coupons to the address you sign up with. I assume they are user-specific, but don’t really know. I haven’t been able to predict when one will show up.

Ive spent a lot at the store and have signed up for points and emails but ive never ever gotten more than a 15% of 8 winery direct which is for everyone. boo.

I don’t spend that much at TW. Though it might be that the coupons tend to show up a month or so after one of my infrequent purchases. Guessing it might also vary by store. Do others near you get 20% off coupons? You could ask a manager the next time you’re in the store.

Neal.Mollen wrote:

I have also noticed an increase in pricing for in-stock Bordeaux. For example, in our local store, the 2015 Domaine de Chevalier went from $79.99 to $109.99. Most of the increases are for the 2015 and 2016 vintages of Bordeaux.

Ed

Disappointing that a great source for value bdx has vanished, although it does make it easier to resist purchasing wines I don’t need.

The 20% coupons are certainly less frequent now. The most common ones give 15% off on the purchase of 6 or 8 bottles.

Even with the discount, I haven’t bought anything that they inflated prices on, and I’m very unlikely to ever do so. I grabbed about 8-10 additional cases of the 14-16’s last year so I’m good.