Wine racks to use for storage unit

After considering the use of a cardboard tube system, I am thinking it will be cheaper and easier to go with placing wine racks in my storage lockers for better organization of my collection. I’m particularly looking for double deep racks, as my locker is deep enough to accommodate (30"), but that can accommodate the length of German riesling bottles. I have some Champagne bottles as well but would be fine storing them separately or on the top shelf if the middle racks are too small. Does such a rack system exist? I’ve been looking at some of the modular wine racks on Amazon, but worry about how sturdy they are.

How sturdy do they need to be? They’re not going to be moved around right? So what’s the concern?

And how high are they going to be? Do you have a walk-in locker that’s eight feet high or is it much smaller?

As to length, that’s irrelevant. Bottles can be anywhere from 11 to 13 inches or more, but as long as the bulk of the bottle is resting on the rack, you’re OK. Most racks allow the bottles to stick out anyway, so you can grab them easier.

Sturdy enough that they don’t need to be secured against a wall, which I don’t have. The locker is about 44" in width, 54" high.

So that’s roughly five feet by four feet by just under three feet deep. Any of those racks at Amazon will probably be OK. You don’t have serious earthquakes in St Louis (as far as I know) and once the rack is partly filled, it will become harder to move anyway, so what’s to worry about? Just save your money on racks and spend it on wine. [cheers.gif]