TN: 2017 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Patty Green Commemorative Willamette Valley

• 2017 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Patty Green Commemorative Willamette Valley - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (1/10/2020)
    This is lovely…full stop. I can’t imagine a better, more “Oregon” Pinot Noir. I beautiful ruby core that is still easy to see through. Light-medium bodied (more light less medium), with a lovely core of red fruit, dried orange rind, with a hint of spice and earth. On the palate the first thing that immediately is noticeable is how smooth and elegant this is. With notes of raspberry, cherry, with a lingering note of clove. This is just a lovely bottle of wine…Bravo to Jim & the team for making something that is as special as she was. (100 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note, Kirk,

I believe I also own some of this. Sounds like an appropriately special bottling.

Great note, beautiful colour! Looking forward to picking up my first PG at berserker day.

i was wondering when i would see a tasting note for this wine. what a beautiful color!

I’m really enjoying all the 2017’s I have opened so far. This was hands-down my favorite. While I’m not one that generally assigns points, I found myself thinking that like the wine for Bob Wood…this really was about a special wine that’s remembering someone that’s (partly) responsible for many of my favorite memories with Oregon Pinot Noir.