Shipper recommendations to Ky from Cali please

Hello Beserkers

Unfortunately it can be difficult to ship wine to my home and for a few years I have utilized All Ways Cool in Sonoma. They give good customer care, but I feel like I’m overpaying. I just this week had them ship 2 cases (with very little storage time) and at a regular ground speed via UPS and it’s costing over $325 dollars. $14/btl seems a bit much to me. Any better ideas? Thanks in advance…

$

I almost always buy from K&L, and when I do I always ship next day priority. $90/case, so $7.50/bottle. It arrives by 10:30 (I ship to a FedEx office in DC) and by 11am it’s home in my wine fridge. I can’t imagine paying $150/case for ground shipping. Here’s their shipping calculator if you’re interested: K&L Wine Merchants - Shipping Rates

They do not ship to KY.
(or many other places)

Bypassing state regulations is never cheap.

Yep. That was the advantage of All Ways Cool. We hadn’t used them in a very long time and I’m amazed at the increase in costs.

Because state regulations, monitoring, and violation penalties have all tightened.

I am sure that these shipping companies welcome this free publicity. By the way, this thread is discoverable.

If you’re within a couple of hours drive from a less restrictive state, have it sent hold-for-pickup to Fedex Office once you’ve reached critical mass. But I guess then you’re breaking some different law :slight_smile:.

If you are shipping to KY can’t you just slip it in?

Len

I live in KY too. Sent ya a PM

Tony

Those prices are high unless you are paying two shipping costs, (winery to shipper; shipper to you), monthly storage, overnight with high insurance, KY taxes and paying extra for residential delivery. Shipping ground should be between $75 and $90 a case plus $5 a case to a residence. Hope Tony has answer for you.