Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
ky1em1ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#6051 Post by ky1em1ttskus »

Hao Lu wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 11:14 am Vilmart Grand Cellier d'Or 2016 $50.00 at Zachys
In.
Dennis Atick wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 12:22 pm Piuze Blanchot and Laherte Crayers at $50 ain't bad. As Adam said, hold to accumulate larger quantities and Zachys shipping isn't terrible.
And in.

Thanks, gents! [cheers.gif]

Tags:

Dennis Atick

#6052 Post by Dennis Atick »

Kurt_L wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 12:36 pm
Dennis Atick wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 12:22 pm Piuze Blanchot and Laherte Crayers at $50 ain't bad. As Adam said, hold to accumulate larger quantities and Zachys shipping isn't terrible.
Thanks, that's good to know. Do you have to fill the case within 90 days or can you keep it in storage longer?

I had those 17 lahertes in my cart and they're gone now [swearing.gif]. Oh well, can't complain after my Rouget score yesterday...
Good question on 90 days- never went that long. I have a couple bottles now past 90s, but they are/were pre-arrival.
@decaturwinedude

“The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew.”--Abraham Lincoln, December 1, 1862

Ben Bruemmer

#6053 Post by Ben Bruemmer »

Had an Amex offer still and went with the Blanchot. Really like what Piuze is doing and never had any of his higher end bottlings.
Was a little late on some Brunello I was interested in but probably for the best.

Dennis Atick

#6054 Post by Dennis Atick »

I logged back in and grabbed some Vilmart before it was gone.
@decaturwinedude

“The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew.”--Abraham Lincoln, December 1, 1862

Ken Leiter

#6055 Post by Ken Leiter »

Hao Lu wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 11:14 am Vilmart Grand Cellier d'Or 2016 $50.00 at Zachys
For those that missed out on this yesterday, the same offer is in stock at Zachys DC.

Kurt_L
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6056 Post by Kurt_L »

I found a mysterious code for WDC that seems to be valid, except I can't get it to work. Code is LOVEISDECLARED22. It appears to have a minimum spending requirement of $65. But the mystery is that no matter what I put in my cart it says "You have not met the minimum number of bottles required to redeem this offer." I suspect it is specifically for a certain type of wine only, but I can't figure out what. If anyone figures it out please let us know!
L @ v 3 + + !

JulianD

#6057 Post by JulianD »

Kurt_L wrote: June 5th, 2022, 7:01 am I found a mysterious code for WDC that seems to be valid, except I can't get it to work. Code is LOVEISDECLARED22. It appears to have a minimum spending requirement of $65. But the mystery is that no matter what I put in my cart it says "You have not met the minimum number of bottles required to redeem this offer." I suspect it is specifically for a certain type of wine only, but I can't figure out what. If anyone figures it out please let us know!
are items in your cart ending in .97?
Davies

Geoffrey Wolpert

#6058 Post by Geoffrey Wolpert »

Kurt_L wrote: June 5th, 2022, 7:01 am I found a mysterious code for WDC that seems to be valid, except I can't get it to work. Code is LOVEISDECLARED22. It appears to have a minimum spending requirement of $65. But the mystery is that no matter what I put in my cart it says "You have not met the minimum number of bottles required to redeem this offer." I suspect it is specifically for a certain type of wine only, but I can't figure out what. If anyone figures it out please let us know!
Is there a bulletin on their website, or for the source of the code that has instructions?

MattG
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6059 Post by MattG »

Phrase appears in marketing material for “Cotes de Roses” winery. Which WDC sells. But, in my warehouse, none of the available wines seem to work with the code.
G@|’$1n

Kurt_L
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6060 Post by Kurt_L »

MattG wrote: June 5th, 2022, 8:20 am
Phrase appears in marketing material for “Cotes de Roses” winery. Which WDC sells. But, in my warehouse, none of the available wines seem to work with the code.
Good thinking, but cote de roses doesn't work either. I also tried pride, every bottle with the word love, and clare valley. Tried every major genre, different bottle sizes, still can't figure it out.
L @ v 3 + + !

Kurt_L
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6061 Post by Kurt_L »

I'm wondering whether LOVEISDECLARED22 may have been something like the legendary WDC49 last year, where the first x customers got $65 off $65+ on 6/5. When WDC49 ran out it also had a weird error message even though it appeared valid.
L @ v 3 + + !

Kurt_L
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6062 Post by Kurt_L »

Also, new 20 off 50 code at WDC: 22pps04 exp unknown
L @ v 3 + + !

Ben Bruemmer

#6063 Post by Ben Bruemmer »

Kurt_L wrote: June 5th, 2022, 12:45 pm Also, new 20 off 50 code at WDC: 22pps04 exp unknown
Has anyone found anything remotely worth buying? Pretty much anything I have looked at is consistently priced 20% higher than WS low. I am looking at CA warehouse.

JulianD

#6064 Post by JulianD »

Ben Bruemmer wrote: June 6th, 2022, 10:49 am
Kurt_L wrote: June 5th, 2022, 12:45 pm Also, new 20 off 50 code at WDC: 22pps04 exp unknown
Has anyone found anything remotely worth buying? Pretty much anything I have looked at is consistently priced 20% higher than WS low. I am looking at CA warehouse.
Heredia isn’t bad.
Davies

A d a m S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6065 Post by A d a m S »

These aren't too bad (though only the first two are available in CA):

Chateau Prieure-Lichine 2015 $54.99

La Magia Brunello di Montalcino 2015 $59.99

Collosorbo Brunello di Montalcino 2016 $54.99

Casanuova delle Cerbaie Brunello di Montalcino 2012 $54.99

Chateau Haut-Bages Liberal 2018 $51.99

Chateau Malartic-Lagraviere 2018 $59.99
Brunellophile, Barologist, Sauternalian

S c h u l m a n

D@ve D y r 0 f f
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#6066 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f »

They recently bumped the 2018 Joy Fantastic syrah from $49.99 to $50.99. Perfect for a 20/50.

B Beachy
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#6067 Post by B Beachy »

If you're worried about the code expiring, it may make more sense to buy something closer to W-S low (+ free shipping) than to mine for the screaming deals. I definitely buy a lot less from WdC in the last few months because of the new markups and lack of cash back. Part of me is reluctant to pay dollars as a vote of confidence to their updated pricing, and another part is trying to avoid being tempted by well-priced wines I'm not as excited about because of the savings.

I did buy a Jacquesson 744, since it's something I've wanted to try, and $69 is close to W-S low (and $20-$30 cheaper than what I can find locally so far).
|3 0 |3 |3 `/

Alex Frank
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6068 Post by Alex Frank »

2019 Ch. d'Issan for $59.99 is a banger of a deal with the $20/$50 coupon
ITB: Avennia (Woodinville, WA)

Ben Bruemmer

#6069 Post by Ben Bruemmer »

Thanks all!
I guess I just looked in the wrong places, PN and Chard, But there seems little value there.

The Bdx seem truly like the best pick but they are all waaay off their drinking window still and I am more looking for something closer to ready.

Any idea if the listed Brunellos here are anywhere near drinkable?
A d a m S wrote: June 6th, 2022, 11:11 am

A d a m S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6070 Post by A d a m S »

Ben Bruemmer wrote: June 6th, 2022, 2:25 pm Thanks all!
I guess I just looked in the wrong places, PN and Chard, But there seems little value there.

The Bdx seem truly like the best pick but they are all waaay off their drinking window still and I am more looking for something closer to ready.

The 2012 Casanuova delle Cerbaie should be quite drinkable. The others not so much.
Brunellophile, Barologist, Sauternalian

S c h u l m a n

D@ve D y r 0 f f
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#6071 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f »

Some time ago there were reports on problems with Raise gift cards, but the conclusion (at least my conclusion) was that the problems were relatively sporadic and limited to the "discounted" cards as opposed to the "cash back" cards.

Well, not any more. After 2-3 months of lapsed membership, I rejoined Stewardship (using the Amex offer on that) to take advantage of the recent 20/50 and 100/300. There were some wines I was targeting that were already close to W-S low even before any discounts, so with that and the Amex offer the membership was attractive just for these offers and if we get any more good coupons/cash backs, it's all gravy.

Anyway, I bought a $200 Raise "cash back" gift card to use on the 100/300 and it didn't work. Given their guarantee and given that this was a cash back (direct) card, I reported it and got a "we'll get back to you by CoB tomorrow" response (this was on the holiday last week). Expecting the best on that, and figuring it might have been a one-time glitch, I bought another. It didn't work either. Reported it, got the same message, and stopped trying. This was the first (and second) time this had ever happened to me after dozens of purchases, and AFAIK, the first time reported here that it happened on a "cash back" card.

They did get back to me the next day, and the message was "the cards were deemed active when issued" (by whom I wonder?) so essentially "not our problem, work it out with wdc".

Well, screw that. But I did get on chat with wdc and they confirmed that they have no record of those gift card numbers in their system - not as being open and active, nor as being issued but spent." So I attached the chat transcript to a somewhat forcefully worded reply to the raise email and they got back to me the next day with "please send a screenshot of the error message you see when you try to use the card." So I did that and they got back to me the next day with "your purchases are being refunded." And the refunds have in fact hit my credit card.

The concerning part for me is that, even after I prodded, they are saying they don't know what the problem was, as opposed to something like "we've reached out to wdc, identified the problem, and fixed it." Maybe it was just these two cards but that seems awfully unlikely, and if it was a bunch of cards then surely they'd want to fix the problem.

SO - the problem extends to cash back cards too, but refunds can be obtained with more effort than should be required, but nothing extreme, and I have no comfort that the problem I encountered then has been fixed. I just wanted to make everyone aware.

Has anyone purchased a "cash back" wdc gift card on Raise in June? Did it work?

Ben Bruemmer

#6072 Post by Ben Bruemmer »

A d a m S wrote: June 6th, 2022, 2:31 pm
Ben Bruemmer wrote: June 6th, 2022, 2:25 pm Thanks all!

The 2012 Casanuova delle Cerbaie should be quite drinkable. The others not so much.

Mh, looks like the 2012 got snagged. Older and ready to drink Barolos and Brunellos seem difficult.
Wish I could invest in some bottles to keep for years but I am moving continents next year won't likely be able to take a lot of wine.

Kurt_L
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6073 Post by Kurt_L »

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote: June 6th, 2022, 2:39 pm Some time ago there were reports on problems with Raise gift cards, but the conclusion (at least my conclusion) was that the problems were relatively sporadic and limited to the "discounted" cards as opposed to the "cash back" cards.

Well, not any more. After 2-3 months of lapsed membership, I rejoined Stewardship (using the Amex offer on that) to take advantage of the recent 20/50 and 100/300. There were some wines I was targeting that were already close to W-S low even before any discounts, so with that and the Amex offer the membership was attractive just for these offers and if we get any more good coupons/cash backs, it's all gravy.

Anyway, I bought a $200 Raise "cash back" gift card to use on the 100/300 and it didn't work. Given their guarantee and given that this was a cash back (direct) card, I reported it and got a "we'll get back to you by CoB tomorrow" response (this was on the holiday last week). Expecting the best on that, and figuring it might have been a one-time glitch, I bought another. It didn't work either. Reported it, got the same message, and stopped trying. This was the first (and second) time this had ever happened to me after dozens of purchases, and AFAIK, the first time reported here that it happened on a "cash back" card.

They did get back to me the next day, and the message was "the cards were deemed active when issued" (by whom I wonder?) so essentially "not our problem, work it out with wdc".

Well, screw that. But I did get on chat with wdc and they confirmed that they have no record of those gift card numbers in their system - not as being open and active, nor as being issued but spent." So I attached the chat transcript to a somewhat forcefully worded reply to the raise email and they got back to me the next day with "please send a screenshot of the error message you see when you try to use the card." So I did that and they got back to me the next day with "your purchases are being refunded." And the refunds have in fact hit my credit card.

The concerning part for me is that, even after I prodded, they are saying they don't know what the problem was, as opposed to something like "we've reached out to wdc, identified the problem, and fixed it." Maybe it was just these two cards but that seems awfully unlikely, and if it was a bunch of cards then surely they'd want to fix the problem.

SO - the problem extends to cash back cards too, but refunds can be obtained with more effort than should be required, but nothing extreme, and I have no comfort that the problem I encountered then has been fixed. I just wanted to make everyone aware.

I had the same problem with a cash back card, I was planning to post an update about it. I told Raise that I have no intention of investigating, this is a problem for Raise and WDC to figure out, and I plan to report the purchase to visa if it isn't resolved in the next week. They told me their merchant team would investigate and report back; I haven't heard anything in about 5 days. Glad to know this isn't isolated, hopefully that means they will figure it out.

On the bright side, topcashback.com has started offering cash back gift cards!! They have a 5.5% cash back rate for WDC and I have successfully used 2 of them this past week. I plan to switch all my business there because they have better customer service. Just like Raise, the gift card codes arrive instantly. It appears like they are doing the same thing as Raise---buying gift cards directly from WDC in bulk and reselling them at a discount.
L @ v 3 + + !

Philip G

#6074 Post by Philip G »

Picked up a 2019 Ledge Bien Nacido Vineyard Syrah at around $50 with the 20/50. There's a few more of the '19 and '18 left. I've had Ledge in the past, I think at a restaurant, but not this Bien Nacido that I can remember.
G@@d

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6075 Post by Michae1 P0wers »

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote: June 6th, 2022, 2:39 pm

I am the one who had a problem with two discounted Raise cards. My experience was similar except that it took me a lot more communication to resolve. They were very reluctant to accept responsibility and wanted to blame WDC. Then strangely, after that exchange my account was frozen for a time and I could not purchase. While I was firm, I didn't do anything to warrant losing the account. I even lost a small amount of Raise cash but did not pursue that. I was eventually able to purchase again. I've not had any issues with the cashback cards, and have not purchased any for several months, but my experience sounds very similar to yours.

Jesse W

#6076 Post by Jesse W »

Astor Place has 20% off all Italian wines today. There's a '98 Cantina Vignaioli Barbaresco for $52 which I found surprisingly low given its age. I tried a bottle a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.
W @ x m @ n

JulianD

#6077 Post by JulianD »

I used it to get the Glasvin Champagne Glasses - excellent deal
Davies

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6078 Post by Jim Stewart »

I am on the email lists of multiple retail wine “stores”. Usually I receive a few offers a day, with varying levels of marketing enthusiasm and hyperbole. Todays catch had one that reminded me of these TV ads.
“How little we know. How much to discover”

Aalok Patel
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6079 Post by Aalok Patel »

Here is a list of wines I've purchased with 20 off 50 in the past. They still are in stock for CA warehouse when I checked today.

Liquid Farm Golden Slope Chardonnay 2018
Arnot-Roberts Trout Gulch Vineyard Chardonnay 2020
Domaine Bachelet-Monnot Santenay Blanc 2018
Felsina Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia 2017
Post Parade Stretch Drive Cabernet Sauvignon 2016
Cornell Vineyards Courtship Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
L'Aventure Optimus 2019
Domaine Laroche Chablis Les Vaillons Vieilles Vignes Premier Cru 2019

Dennis Atick

#6080 Post by Dennis Atick »

From FL warehouse: 2019 Arianna Ochhipinti Il Frappato at $53 becomes a nice deal with $20 off.
Same for numerous Dr. Loosen GGs around $50 - if Loosen works for you.
@decaturwinedude

J. Bloch

#6081 Post by J. Bloch »

JUNEFREE50 gets you $50 off $250 at WDC

Now if only RMN can start back up again!
J 3 ᶂ ᶂ

David_K
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6082 Post by David_K »

J. Bloch wrote: June 9th, 2022, 10:16 am JUNEFREE50 gets you $50 off $250 at WDC

+1

The coupons are good but aren't enough on their own most of the time. Need solid cashback too to really beat market pricing.
K@ntrОwi╦z

Diego Santos

#6083 Post by Diego Santos »

Zachys is doing 20% off in 2016 Brunellos with code EXTRA20BRUNELLO on this list:
https://www.zachys.com/2016-brunello-sa ... YP,1W8VF,1

Sherri S h a p i r o
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#6084 Post by Sherri S h a p i r o »

Diego Santos wrote: June 9th, 2022, 6:08 pm Zachys is doing 20% off in 2016 Brunellos with code EXTRA20BRUNELLO on this list:
https://www.zachys.com/2016-brunello-sa ... YP,1W8VF,1
Thanks for this. Shipping is usually the issue with Zachys but this may be worth having one of my kids do a local pickup and then figure out getting the wine to me.

MattG
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6085 Post by MattG »

WDC GETAPP $30 off $200 expires Sunday
G@|’$1n

Pat O Connor
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6086 Post by Pat O Connor »

Zachys also has a 30% off most of their stock with SAFESENDER30. Has some limits and expires on the 13th.

OwenB
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#6087 Post by OwenB »

Pat O Connor wrote: June 11th, 2022, 4:47 am Zachys also has a 30% off most of their stock with SAFESENDER30. Has some limits and expires on the 13th.
I’m getting a not valid on this one.
    B @ $ H @ M

Dennis Atick

#6088 Post by Dennis Atick »

OwenB wrote: June 11th, 2022, 5:07 am
    Pat O Connor wrote: June 11th, 2022, 4:47 am Zachys also has a 30% off most of their stock with SAFESENDER30. Has some limits and expires on the 13th.
    +1 Tried a bunch of different bottles. No luck.
    @decaturwinedude

M.Sysak
    Monopole Crü
    Monopole Crü

#6089 Post by M.Sysak »

Dennis Atick wrote: June 11th, 2022, 5:10 am
    OwenB wrote: June 11th, 2022, 5:07 am
    +1 Tried a bunch of different bottles. No luck.
    *Terms & Conditions: The SAFESENDER30 promotion applies to Italian wines not currently on sale. Cannot be combined with other promotions or applied to past orders. Multi use. Use promo code SAFESENDER30 at checkout to take 30% off select wines. Promotion expires June 13th at 11:59pm.
    M i k e

Philip G

#6090 Post by Philip G »

J. Bloch wrote: June 9th, 2022, 10:16 am JUNEFREE50 gets you $50 off $250 at WDC

I get: "This promotion code can only be used by customers enrolling in the StewardShip program."

I am enrolled in stewardship and am logged in.

Had put together a package of Ledge Syrah and Grenache. The WDC prices are actually close to market price. Oh well, not like I REALLY needed them.
    G@@d

MattG
    GCC Member
    GCC Member

#6091 Post by MattG »

Enrolling = signing up for stewardship, not having it already
    G@|’$1n

Philip G

#6092 Post by Philip G »

MattG wrote: June 11th, 2022, 7:36 am Enrolling = signing up for stewardship, not having it already
    Yup, that's what I figured.
    G@@d

MattG
    GCC Member
    GCC Member

#6093 Post by MattG »

Earlier this week the code worked for everyone, not just stewardship signup
    G@|’$1n

Arv R
    GCC Member
    GCC Member

#6094 Post by Arv R »

fwiw, I've been noticing WDC offers show up on more credit cards. maybe that's their new discounting/marketing focus, rather than online portals. i suppose it can be better targeted (for them) but it means some customers can stack them. seen a half dozen in the last month, mostly of the $10 off $100 ilk.

often these are slightly hidden on the bank's apps, so prowl around online/phone to see if cards have these offers.
    R_@_0
    https://dilbert.com/strip/1991-12-08

Chris Crutchfield
    Monopole Crü
    Monopole Crü

#6095 Post by Chris Crutchfield »

Arv R wrote: June 11th, 2022, 8:03 am fwiw, I've been noticing WDC offers show up on more credit cards. maybe that's their new discounting/marketing focus, rather than online portals. i suppose it can be better targeted (for them) but it means some customers can stack them. seen a half dozen in the last month, mostly of the $10 off $100 ilk.

often these are slightly hidden on the bank's apps, so prowl around online/phone to see if cards have these offers.
    Which ones other than Amex?

Arv R
    GCC Member
    GCC Member

#6096 Post by Arv R »

I've been getting them on Citi in a flurry now, but most of the banks out there have some kind of program so worth checking if one has a quiver full of plastic/metal.
    R_@_0
    https://dilbert.com/strip/1991-12-08

Philip G

#6097 Post by Philip G »

MattG wrote: June 11th, 2022, 7:47 am Earlier this week the code worked for everyone, not just stewardship signup
    Snooze you lose [snort.gif]
    G@@d

Diego Santos

#6098 Post by Diego Santos »

Wired for wine has free ship over $50 with code FATHERSDAY valid till 6/19

TJ Berge

#6099 Post by TJ Berge »

Chris Crutchfield wrote: June 11th, 2022, 8:09 am
    Arv R wrote: June 11th, 2022, 8:03 am fwiw, I've been noticing WDC offers show up on more credit cards. maybe that's their new discounting/marketing focus, rather than online portals. i suppose it can be better targeted (for them) but it means some customers can stack them. seen a half dozen in the last month, mostly of the $10 off $100 ilk.

Which ones other than Amex?
    My Cap One card offers 6 percent back, has done for a couple of months, never used it.
    TJ

Alan Newman
    GCC Member
    GCC Member

#6100 Post by Alan Newman »

My Cap One card offers 6 percent back, has done for a couple of months, never used it.
    Jealous- I only see 4%.
    Last edited by Alan Newman on June 14th, 2022, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Wine Talk”