IDEALWine

anyone from the US ever order from their either retail or auction?

I’m not from the US but I use them regularly. The retail wines mostly come from domains or négociants (you can see with the large quantities), the auction wines mostly come from private cellars. I’ve had very few problems with either and can thoroughly recommend them.

Same as Julian, but only used them from Paris as well. Good website and nice group of peopleworking there. They have some nice allocations which they sell at ok price, except for the most speculative domaines of course, and have access to a lot of private collections for their auctions. Robust packaging, reactive by email. I can think only of one or two problems with them and one minor dissatisfaction since I’ve started to go through them more intensively to buy wine.

So I recommend you go elsewhere to not increase competition on my precious targets :wink:

1 Like

What he said. [snort.gif]

I’m from the US but live in Paris, so I’ve never had occasion to try to ship from there to the USA. I wouldn’t be surprised if they plan to expand to the USA, though – they’re already active in Asia, and they recently published an open letter to Macron asking him to oppose the pending US tariffs on wine. Anyway, on the whole I’m very happy with them and have sourced over half my wine from them since moving to Paris. Note that they offer free storage for a month (longer during summer), then it’s about 3 euro cents a bottle per day. So one option for you might be to buy bottles, let them accumulate, and then have them delivered during your next trip to Paris or anywhere else in the EU for that matter. Overnight delivery is 15/EUR a case within France and I think not that much more expensive to other parts of Europe.

Similar question to OP. Anyone from US order from them? Their W-S store profile says 90 EUR for shipping of 12 bottles and 25% tariff. Clicking through to their website and pricing out shipping indeed yields 90 EUR ($110) for up to 12 750 ml bottles. The shipping estimate page has this claim: “25% discount on your shipping fees (included), as long as tariffs last”. Not clear on whether this means they will take 25% off or 90 EUR already includes the 25% discount.

Does this mean they’re shipping from Europe and they’re merely registered as a business entity in NY?

You shortly got me excited there but turns out it’s 58€/12 bottles to Finland pileon

2 Likes

Any recent buying/shipping updates from U.S. customers using iDealWine? What Ken quoted above is what I am seeing, just wondering how it has worked out for those who have shipped a case to the U.S… Thanks.

Crickets. Anybody?

FWIW I did not pull the trigger. For me the shipping cost + counterparty risk wasn’t worth it.

1 Like

Has anyone from the USA had some experience with this merchant? I am also wary of the shipping cost plus risk, but feel they may have some good values.

Good service and reliable shipping to Germany …
auctions are interesting.
Recommended (in Europe)

I’ve used them extensively over the past five years. The wines have been delivered to me in Hong Kong (which they arrange) I’d give them 10/10

Just came across this shop/auction house and am curious to try them out. Seeing if anyone in the USA has experience in buying from them and shipping to the US?

Looks like $140 to ship a case to US + 19% buyers fee + VAT on premium for auction purchase.

1 Like

In addition to what you mentioned, I also received a $60 bill from Fedex for import fees and such on 12 bottles received.

1 Like

Thanks Joe for the additional input of costs.

5$ import fee per bottle, that’s a pretty good deal :wink:

It was a cost that I wasn’t aware of. I was planning on paying $144.74 to ship a case from France to USA. It ended up costing $216.10.

Reanimating this thread. In addition to their auction in France, these guys have an IdealWine USA Auction shown as NYC. Anyone win at this USA branch? Is pick up in nyc a possibility? Seems hard to reach any one who works there in NYC; the chat function seems to be with someone in Europe (?).

It’s not actually a US auction. They also have these auctions in Germany, Italy, etc. They’re really just shipping from France/UK to these other countries. Shipping costs are VERY favorable - I think around $135 to ship a case to the US.

Thanks. So when it says, IdealWine USA - New York versus when it’s IdealWine - Paris, the location of the wine is irregardless in France?