Faury st. Joe vv brett

So I’ve been reading that some people experienced brett with this producer after some age in the bottle. From your experience approximately how many years after the vintage did your start sensing brett?

where are you reading this?

Here and ct

I’ve never experienced it, but I’m fairly brett insensitive/tolerant. Opened a 2010 at a WB Seattle offline last fall and did not hear anyone mention brett being present.

If it’s there, it’s there - doesn’t matter how long it is in bottle unless you are storing it in a non-temp controlled setting.

I have opened quite a few bottles of Faury St. Joseph VV and their regular bottling. No bottles opened prior to 2012 and never have I detected any brett in those wines.

Me neither.

Very small sample with only 2 vintages from last decade. No brett experience.

I’ve mostly had the regular St Jo, and don’t remember ever thinking brett.
But curious where on CT and Berserkers you saw this, as I don’t see in quick searches either place? One would think commonplace if enough to start a thread.

Opened 2017 last fall and 2009 this past weekend. Not a trace of brett on either

Ok. Thx guys. I guess it is safe to load up on some more.

The latest vintage (released earlier this year) is very clean.

I still have a few in the storage and now am curious to learn as to what others here said about the brett situation on this producer.
Can you point to the post(s)?

2 thoughts that came up in the allemand thread that got totally lost.

1. brett can bloom, so storage matters. as does the cork as oxygen transfer can impact brett bloom.

2. more important, dominant and famous aromas of northern syrah are from a certain type of brett (there are several, and they present themselves differently in different varieties), so the idea that someone is “highly sensitive to brett” and doesn’t find it is probably false; they’re smelling it and identifying it as something that they like or, rather, find consistent across the wines from the region so it’s both empirical and normal.

I didnt save any of the threads discussing this topic but I do remember reading it. One quick search came up with this post TN: `02 Taz Fiddlestix Pinot Noir, `08 Domaine Faury St Joseph - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Sorry i cant post more search results, middle of doing something now.

Seems majority didnt experience brett though.

This would not be anywhere near consistent.

I’ve found Faury VV to be one of the cleanest, floral St. Josephs I buy. I’ve never encountered a Brett issue in their wines.