Saxum Spring release

Just now. The usual plus new wines: Four Hearts (petit sirah/tempranilo) and JB white. I left some on the table last time, but it hasn’t hurt me yet.

Sadly second wave but looking forward to the release.

Very interesting release, both the PS and the white sound fascinating.

I eschewed Mags this time around.

Went with the Grenache heavy wines. I think that is where Saxum shines.

Couple JBV, G2, and Booker. Pained me to pass on Bone Rock, but $148 priced me out, too bad as it’s my favorite and 2016 is my son’s birthyear.

In 4 a case.

I have too much wine and don’t drink a lot of rhone blends anymore BUT I will always make sure I buy some Saxum each year. I open them at holidays and gatherings, and they are very popular.

Yeah, I like Saxum with 7-8 years sideways time so I’m starting to wonder if I’ll live to drink what I’m buying!

Looks like I am passed over. Again. Signed up in early 2013.

wine is only young once LOL just as we are

I’ve been buying for 15 years. The prices spiked after the 2007 release, but they have held for a long time at $97 with shipping included. Remarkable when you consider what has happened with other producers when they hit it big. I had no problem taking my full allocation for many years. Now there are more wines and some price creep (Hexe, Bone Rock, sad), so I have been leaving some on the table. Some places would drop me completely. I’d be fine with a smaller allocation. We’ll see.

In for some JBV, Booker, G2 and Heartstone. Passing on the mags and that Bone Rock I am still agonizing over. Have a lot of Saxum, been drinking 05 - 08 recently and they are really shining but way overrepresented in my cellar.

ditto, well mid 2013.

Anyone care to share release prices on all of these? And what is the composition of the qhite?

Cheers

Joe/Steve,

I signed up April 2012 and got my first offer last August.

2017 JAMES BERRY VINEYARD WHITE
55% Grenache Blanc, 32% Roussanne, 8% Chenin Blanc, 5% Petit Manseng
ALC: 15.1%
Cases 750 ml: 312
Vineyard: James Berry Vineyard
Released: January 2020
Release Price: $98
Drink: now - 2030

The standard release price is $98 for most bottlings, including JBV. This includes shipping, you pay your state sales tax. In Ohio, it’ s $106 a bottle delivered to my door.
newer wines tend to price higher, but in this release the four hearts and JB white are $98. Bone Rock took a big leap to $148. Magnums are 2X. The $98 price has held for

10 years.

gracias. with the recent alleged increase in production I am hoping to get on with the next release, but I am not holding my breath.

I think Bone Rock was higher because it was extended age. 33 months.

I will be contacting Saxum tomorrow to relinquish my position on the list. I’ve enjoyed taking my small allocations over the last 6 years or so but Rhône blends just don’t bring as much pleasure to my wife or me as a hearty Napa Cab. And I really need to cut back. I hope a Berserker gets lucky and gets added to the list because of me.