TN: 2009 Bernard Boisson-Vadot Meursault Les Grands Charrons

• 2009 Bernard Boisson-Vadot Meursault Les Grands Charrons - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (1/15/2020)
    Great colour, tinged with green. The nose is complex, with a whiff of smoke, some almond butter, white peach and something mildly exotic. It is dense and rich, with excellent detail and wonderful acid cut for the vintage. This is just a little bit Cochey and a lot bit good!

Posted from CellarTracker

Logically Cochey … :slight_smile:

The Grands Charrons 2008 drunk in 2018 was great. The vintage is not as rich and the wine needed at least 10 years of cellaring.

Thanks very much for the note. I opened a bottle of this with a group last month and had similar thoughts. This was poured into a decanter…a half a glass left in the bottle. I noticed and had the half glass the next night, and was surprised at how lively it was, and was still evolving. It made me thing about how long it took a bottle of 2009 Pierre Boisson Meursault took to open up and begin to show itself earlier last year. Makes me wonder what the aging curve of these wines are.

Thanks for the fine note Jeremy. I really enjoy their wines.

Cheers

It’s that “something mildly exotic” that really makes it “a lot bit good” Jeremy. Always love your notes. Cheers