TNR: NV Matthiasson Village Cabernet Lot 1

Just curious if anyone has tried this, I guess it’s a blend of two vintages of cab that didn’t make the final cut for the regular Napa Cab. Normally I’d never consider an NV Cabernet but I do like Matthiasson wines.

Any intel would be appreciated!

Normally I’d never consider an NV Cabernet

Why?

I don’t know that wine but I love pretty much anything Matthiasson is involved in so I’d go for it.

I enjoyed several bottles over the last few months. I find it be a fruitier, leaner and fresher expression when compared to the regular Napa Cabernet. I’m not the best at writing tasting notes, but I would recommend giving it a try.

How can you purchase this? I am a member and it isn’t available o me…at least online. The 2016 Dead Fred Cab is the real deal.

You just did.

And it was much more useful than saying that one had nuances of cast iron pan, or had drive, or some other nonsense that means absolutely nothing at all.

Keep it up.

Agree. Thanks guys.

I disagree completely. I demand to know if there was any sous bois, pain grille, fernleaf lavender, frantoio olive, or Sulawesi coffee grounds, and whether your mind was filled with poetry about a Persian princess waiting for you in a tent.

Thank you for the encouragement.

Can someone send me the wine that evokes Persian princesses waiting for me?

I got an offer from a local retailer.