Wine fridge conundrum...replace cooler, or the whole thing?

My older Le Cache is old. I mean, it’s really old. Like circa 1993/94. I have replaced the cooling unit previously, a number of years ago. It’s getting to the point that it struggles to maintain temps in warmer weather, and alarms at times in the peak summer heat (though it’s kept indoors). So, I strongly suspect it might be time to replace the cooler. Unfortunately, a new Le Cache cooler runs about $1,300.
However, given the age of the thing, I wonder if I should bite the bullet and replace the whole unit. I don’t have any way to gauge how efficient the thing is, so I don’t really know whether it’s structurally in good shape (after all, aside from the cooling unit, it’s just a big insulated box).
The unit has 2-deep storage, and is about 71 in high, 31 in wide, rear-vented.
Would love to hear opinions from the Board. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

What else could go wrong? As you say, it’s basically a box with a cooling unit. If you can get a good price on a cooling unit seems like you’re OK.

If I’m not mistaken, they use the CellarPro unit, which is easy to replace and they don’t have cooling coils around the back like a kitchen fridge. Mine is like the latter. The advantage is that any refrigerator repair guy can fix it, but the disadvantage is that there are more things to go wrong or break. Your design is easier since the cooler is a replaceable part.

I’d look at the cooler cost vs replacing the whole thing and go with that, assuming that the cabinet is in reasonable shape.

I guess my real conundrum lies in being unsure how good the insulation is. As I mentioned, it’s a really old model, so I have no idea how good the seals are, or how good the insulation is compared to more contemporary models.

A colleague mentioned that he knows a local heating and refrigeration guy who reconditioned his Eurocave, after which it worked beautifully. Anyone have any experience with doing this? BTW, my cooler is a CellarPro 1800.