Retailer check: Tipsy Knitter, Seattle

Anyone have experience with them? Seen their facility? Seems to be online only.

I noticed they had cheap krug 163… but otherwise no.

Great name

I live in Seattle and haven’t heard of them, their LLC is DDF Wines which is a residence in Capitol Hill.

Let us know how a transaction goes.

Ditto

Same here. I live in Seattle. In fact on Capitol Hill. And I have not heard of them. They have an eclectic selection. The website does not clearly state who the principals are though.

The principal is listed on linked in …

Hi - Dona Farmer here, I’m the owner of Tipsy Knitter Wines. We’ve quietly been in business since 2011 as an online only wine shop. We offer free delivery for Capitol Hill and the Central District though during the Covid 19 we’ve extended our delivery to cover a 25 mile radius. For clients outside of the delivery area we can coordinate a pick-up in Capitol Hill. (As well as shipping to some states and subscription services, etc…)

Please contact me directly if I can answer any further questions: tipsyknitterwines@gmail.com Cheers! Dona f.

Joe - did you end up ordering, any feedback on your experience?

Dona - I found some wine I liked at Tipsy Knitter. Love the name! It’s not clear from your website if you ship outside of WA and what taxes (if any) you charge for non-WA destinations. Your Wine-Searcher store profile says that you “will ship wine to the following states: AK, CA, DC, NM, NV, OR, VA, WA, WV”. Adding the wine to the cart and going through checkout with a non-WA address yields “FedEx Shipping ($TBD)” and “We will contact you with shipping information and payment options”. How much is shipping to CA for a case of 750 ml bottles? How does payment work?

I did not. They had “just sold” the wines that I requested.

Hi Ken - shipping is by weight and varies by address and value through FedEx. A case of (12) standard bottles averages $45-$48 to California. Once an order is placed, we generally accept payment through Paypal or can email a payable invoice through Square. I know it’s a couple of extra steps but we have many regulations to follow. Thanks for inquiring!

Hi Joe - sorry the wines you requested were sold, we’ve been busier than usual. Orders made online automatically adjusts inventory but we get many requests through email and that is all manually adjusted. Everything we sell is instock, but it does sell. Best wishes - Dona f.

Just pinged Dona regarding a bottle listed on the site. Will let you know how the transaction goes :smiley:

Update: smooth transaction for one of my favorite roses (was our house rose when we were in Paris) and some library Ridge. Convenient as well, given local delivery.
798B1793-53DF-450C-BF66-6BB35FEBDE9F.jpeg

Thanks Andrew - We were happy to deliver your wine :slight_smile: While we are no longer offering the early Cov-19 extended delivery radius, Tipsy Knitter continues to offer free delivery in the Capitol Hill, Central District, Eastlake, Montlake and University areas of Seattle. Curbside pickup is also available in North Capitol Hill on arrangement.
Cheers!