What’s the last bottle in your cellar you’ll drink?

Of everything you have in your current cellar (or waiting to ship), what’s the last bottle you’d open and why?

Me: 2016 Sottimano Barbaresco Cottá - CT telling me not to open until 2030.

2018 Petrus. Will drink in 2068.

2015 Reinhold Haart Piesporter Goldtropfchen Riesling Beerenauslese

Holding onto this for our 40th or 50th wedding anniversary (married in 2015). Have several other 2015 rieslings to age for the long haul, but this was a special bottling purchased during our visit to the estate. Of course, god willing, the last bottle I’ll drink hasn’t been purchased yet.

Runner up based on our current cellar would be 1989 Domaine Huet Moelleux 1ere Trie Le Haut Lieu. I’m convinced this wine is ageless.

2015 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly Les Griottes de Brulhié

I tried to avoid 2015 Beaujolais like plague but of course an online retailer shipped me this vintage instead of the 2016 I had ordered. Nothing about the CT notes makes me think that this wine would transcend the vintage like only a few wines have been able to do.

2010s/2013s G. Rinaldi/Bartolo Mascarello - I have a lot to work through…I hope I live long enough to taste them at peak! Perhaps 1999 Overnoy and various Macle Vin Jaune?

-mark

I’m thinking it might be a magnum of 2015 Joh Jos Prum Riesling Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese. If I’m still drinking on my 80 bday in 2050.

various montrose mags…

Mag of 2010 Monte hello at some future round number wedding anniversary.

Depends on when I die.

2001 Yquem. I also plan to have one when I retire in 2050, along with a 2010 Monfortino.

1970 Latour [tease.gif]

I have a magnum of the 2015 WS Kabinett I can bring so we can compare the two Prädikats.

I have a 1.5l of port. It will never be ready, I’ll never know enough folks to open it.

Oldest planned drink date in my spreadsheet: 2013 Yquem (2043)

I also like the idea of opening my only double mag (2009 PYCM Chassagne En Remilly) for science just before I die at a ripe old age

Not sure I own it yet

2010 Montrose?

I may be dead before it’s ready. Neal will for sure.

:wink:

+1

But right now, some 2016 Dujac CSD and also the '13 Rinaldi–probably also some Napa Cabs, 2016 VHR, Elysian Dr. Crane…

Just saw K&L sold out of 2015 Sociando-Mallet, do you own it now?

I have no intention of dying.