Thoughts on 2016 Jean-Marc Roulot Bourgogne Blanc?

Given that Roulot purchased fruit from Mâcon and Chablis for this vintage, there has seemed to be some controversy over the quality of the 2016 BB. Would love to hear others’ thoughts on the wine.

Haven’t tried this particular wine, but have avoided 2016 vintage and focused on 2014 and 2017. Too many great wines in those vintages to play roulette with a ripe year like 2016.

I’ve had it…just ok. Proper profile and good balance, but not very interesting.

No. Is all I will say.

Tried a bottle and did not purchase any more.

Yikes, that bad?

Concur.

Even the 2015 Roulot Bourgogne blanc isn’t a particularly compelling wine. I think one ought to compare apples to apples here and ask how the 16 compares to other producers Bb… PYCMs was good, not great, although the AP de Villaine whites are absolutely fantastic at around half the price. I haven’t tasted my 16/17 roulots yet but will hold a while in hopes that they gain a little weight

Thanks for bumping my note, David! I would agree that this is just not a very good vintage for this wine. I have one more bottle that I will get to this spring. i’d spend my money elsewhere, for sure.

Yes. Especially if you’re paying the Boston price like I did off the shelf.

It sucks.

I LOL’ed very loudly at this.

Happy I wasn’t the only one that was disappointed this when I tasted it.

I had a bottle of the 17 to taste. I was impressed enough to buy every bottle I could find at a decent price.

Fresh and lively mineral driven palate loaded with white peach, lemon peel, lime zest, crisp green apple and a touch of flint and spice. Balanced acidity. Good weight for its level. Lovely lingering finish keeps you wanting more. Even better the second day means this one should mellow nicely with a couple of years of bottle age.

2016 is a wonderful bottle if it was $25…

2015 was ok… but also not worth the fare…

I’m starting to think Roulot might be a little over priced…

Disagree. It’s not even close in quality to Pépière Briords.

The QPR play is the Clos des Bouchères.

I mean there’s lots of $25 btls that are good. .but i think the 2016 is worth about that… hard no at $60 or whatever, but drinkable at $20-25…

[rofl.gif]

can we say “QPR” when it’s $400+ a bottle? [wow.gif] [wow.gif]

I wouldn’t pay $25 for it

I don’t see why not

1. Ah ok. I guess I would.

2. Ah ok. Well, I’m not Fu wealthy! :wink:

Glad to hear it! Haven’t tried it but I have 4 bottles of the 2018 on the way this fall.